Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clayton Murphy off form.

The very talented Clayton Murphy has been mysteriously off form since last years nationals when he tried to double. Latest example running a mediocre (for him) 1:47.32 at Mt. Sac in losing to the first place 1:47.07.

Just early last year Murphy had an early season sub 1:44 race but has seemed to go steadily down hill from there. Something must be wrong...just wondering.

Maybe last year he was too good early and then fell off and this year he is easing in to the season.

Comment

He changed training group and went to NOP. Strange decision to drop the one who brought him to 1.42 and olympic bronze. I heard he had a knee operation or something like that during the winter and that he lost some weeks (months?) of training. Indoor he ran 1.46ish but went out in heats (!) at NC. This is his opener, I think he will round into 1.44-1.45 shape soon. But I don't know if and when he gets to 1.42 again.

Comment

Good and likely analogy Sasuke. I am cheering for him to come back to form closer to his talent.

Comment

Clayton should run the 800m in Doha DL. This should be his next race. I hope he can run at least 1.45 there.

Comment

I als hope gets back to his previous excellence. I suppose if there is a year in which to take things gradually, it is this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
              Clayton should run the 800m in Doha DL. This should be his next race. I hope he can run at least 1.45 there.
              the harder part from him than running 1:45 might being able to score an entry into the meet. Based on last year's results, he's not going to be particularly high on any meet promoter's wish list. The sad realities of DL track.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
                He changed training group and went to NOP. Strange decision to drop the one who brought him to 1.42 and olympic bronze.
                This, x1000.

The grass is not always greener...
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  the harder part from him than running 1:45 might being able to score an entry into the meet. Based on last year's results, he's not going to be particularly high on any meet promoter's wish list. The sad realities of DL track.
                  You're completely right on this (DL works this way, sadly) but my "should" is not to be misunderstood. I meant he was going to compete, not that he had better to. He said his next race will be Doha DL. Said that, I really hope he can bounce back. His 1.46 indoor was promising.

Comment

Clayton Murphy debuted in a open 400m yesterday running a modest 47.97 for third. It was OSU HP meet. Definetely not mind-blowing, Saruni can run two seconds faster and Korir three. Clayton has always been more a 8/1500 guy than 4/8 but was said to be quite fast on relays. Not a good sign, BTW.

Comment

Murphy did get to Doha but was no factor in the race finishing in 1:47.22. Hope he can break out of this unexplained slump.

Comment

He ran 1:45-high today, improving his SB by 1.3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                          He ran 1:45-high today, improving his SB by 1.3 seconds.
                          and is the No. 9 performance on his all-tme list

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                            and is the No. 9 performance on his all-tme list
                            Yes...good news, steady progress. Glad to see it.

Comment

Working...
                            X