Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ches not entered in Payton Jordan.

I was disappointed to see after reviewing the entries for the Payton Jordan meet that Ches was not entered. I was hoping he would get in the always fast 5000m.

After his stellar indoor season I'm wondering why it is taking so long for him to open his outdoor season. Hope it's not because of an injury.

I would think that he is building to a bigger circuit, like DL meets, including Pre etc. That might take a longer recovery, build up period. He did get dinged up racing so much at Oregon, it seemed.

Comment

26mi235...your post reminds me (you mentioned the Pre meet) that I did see an announcement a while back that he is entered in the loaded 2 mile race at Pre. So you are probably right on.

BTW does your 26mi235 handle on this board mean your marathon PR is 2:35?

Comment

Yes, twice, actually; quite a while ago now (1970s).

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
          26mi235...your post reminds me (you mentioned the Pre meet) that I did see an announcement a while back that he is entered in the loaded 2 mile race at Pre. So you are probably right on.

BTW does your 26mi235 handle on this board mean your marathon PR is 2:35?
          I thought it meant he dropped out 150 yards from the finish! >:-)
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank

Comment

26mi235...are you a southern California guy?

And congrats on doing a 2:35 twice...I have great admiration for anyone that can average 6:00 miles for 26+ miles.

I'm a 5K, 10K guy from the late 60's, early 70's...Pr's, 15:24 and 32:48.

Comment

Yes, those two races where Mission Bay and Marathon of Orange in the late 70s; I ran with the Culver City Athletic Club. I never did a serious 10k (Pr for a long time was my average split in a 20K and then a 15K) and then ran 34-low on a very hot day (high in Pomona of 113). I always ran well under the standard 10K time x 4.666, but my plantar fascia went when I was close to 2:30 condition.

Comment

Working...
              X