Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tampering. As I understand the collection process that would not be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
      No I shouldn't. I was tested by the NCAA one time, and my sample was kept in my sight until processing it was ended, which included me personally sealing it.

Comment

But the NCAA and the WADA processes are not the same. WADA samples are supposed to be in the (semi-)tamper-proof containers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          you mean the whole WADA case against Russia's Sochi operatino didn't actually happen?

Comment

Not sure that they have the skills/resources of the quasi-KGB, and even then they were able to detect some marks upon close inspection, so maybe they should scrutinize the bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              you mean the whole WADA case against Russia's Sochi operatino didn't actually happen?
              not at all - I was referring to the following observation by Alan Shank.

“Kiprop is suggesting that one of the AIU guys put EPO in the sample because he didn't give them enough money. He doesn't state how much money he gave them via M-Pesa to the phone of Mr. Simon Karugu”

At that time, I had not read the two statements linked by americantrackfan.

Having now read Kiprop’s statement and the AIU response, I make the following observations:
              * The M-PESA money claim should presumably be easy to prove or disprove
              * I find it difficult to believe that Kiprop’s c left the room before the bottle was sealed
              * I find it even more difficult to believe that he was offered an “ambassadorship”
              * If one pays money to an AIU collector then this is suspicious

And I also very much doubt that Kenya has established a sophisticated system designed to frame its athletes into being declared drug cheats. And I doubt even more that the AIU would set up such a system.

What Russia did was way beyond anything that may or may not have happened with Kiprop.

Comment

Working...
              X