Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
    I don't like to make predictions, but Noah Lyles is either going to peak this year and never get better, or absolutely explode next year.

He is a Bolt-level talent.
    Or... maybe he's going to keep getting a little better each year, like he's been doing since 2013! Why not that? He made a U.S. team every year of high school and has had a steady progression.

Comment

On the NBC Gold main stream, Steve Cram and Tim Hutchings were talking about the 2019 WC in Doha, and they said there were going to be two evening sessions, with a break in between devoted to entertainment. They would start a 6 PM local, go to about 8, then resume at 9 and go to 11, semis and finals being in the later segment. I don't know whether this means there will be no morning session. They also said that only two field event finals will be held per session, different disciplines and genders. The marathons, they said, will start at midnight.

BTW, the Olympic Channel broadcast was a different set of commentators -- Paul Swangard, Kellie Wells and Josh Cox. Well, two out of three isn't bad. >:-)
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Last edited by Alan Shank; 05-04-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
        Noah Lyles ready for the big time with his 19.83.
        And de Grasse in 6th (20.46)?!?! Anyone know if he's still injured?

Comment

Some pretty good performances for the first competition of the year

Comment

The conditions in Doha are always pretty much perfect, at least for sprints and field events.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

It was over 90 degrees with a lot of humidity. If every sprinting event was held in those conditions, you would see world records all over the place.

Comment

Keep in mind doha is a pretty fast track and they ran with +1.3 wind ...I mean its not a bad time but ...6th place

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  The mHJ is the real show with Barshim over 2.40
                  He sure looked good in that jump. 2.40, a bit higher than I had expected.But what about the rest? Ghazal did as could be expected and Thomas was Thomas. He can get to 2.35 this year again. But guys like Przybulko. Yes, it's early but I had thought he was about to establish himself as a contender. Barshim need a jumper like Lysenko to show up.

But nobody at that meet impressed me more than Gardiner.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                    The schedule isn't a secret; it's available on the IAAF site, and there are morning sessions on all the days when the multis take place (starting at 10 AM local time).
                    Luckily I get the Olympic Channel which had this live, so I DVRed it and watched the whole thing last night . . . wow! If this is what the DL is going to be like this year with no global championships to peak for, we're in for a great ride.
                    CT is always a great interview. He was pumped that he was already at 58-5 (17.81), even though he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                      I can only assume you are being sarcastic. It's the first competition ever with three men over 90!
                      pity Neeraj Chopra, who raises Indian Record to 87.43..... and gets 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                        I expected Lyles to win, but 19.83 is about a tenth of a second faster than I was expecting. Great run! Richards also sub-20.
                        In addition to Lyle’s 9.86w 100, we should take this as a sign he is really ready for great things this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                          47.57 for Samba in one of the best-run 400H I have seen for a while.
                          since June of '10 to be more precise!

Comment

I would say that the Trials last year where the top six were fantastic fits the bill for the best that I have seen for a while; of course it was the women and you implied the men's race..

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
                              And de Grasse in 6th (20.46)?!?! Anyone know if he's still injured?
                              Yes I was wandering the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by AFTERBURNER View Post
                                Yes I was wandering the same thing!
                                Clearly, de Grasse went wandering as well which is why he only ran 20.46.

Comment

Working...
                                X