X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh View Post
    since June of '10 to be more precise!
    Bershawn, 47.32 in USATF, Des Moines.
    Interesting the he finished 2nd in Doha, a few months after he "retired", but just 49.08.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by AFTERBURNER View Post
      Yes I was wandering the same thing!
      He is supposed to be healthy. But if that's the case, he is WAY out of shape. Not an easy guy to comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall View Post
        wPV is underway and Alysha Newman has cleared the opening height, presumably on borrowed poles.
        From her Twitter feed:

AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

My heart is broken&so are all my poles thanks to @AirCanada I've put my trust into you as an airline to get my poles & equipment safely to my competitions,spendings thousand of dollars weekly on flights and poles. This is how you treat people’s stuff? It’s shame, you let me down!

Air Canada
        @AirCanada

Hello Alysha, we're very sorry that this happened. Please DM your booking reference. We want to look into this as soon as possible for you. Regards. /Abby
        AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

DM you ??? I’ll get a sorry and then maybe a 200$ reimbursement? Let’s see how you guys fix this! I’m excited to see how your going to replace $10,000 , cause that’s how much it will cost me.
        Philip Graham-Smith
        @PhilipGrahamSm2

We're bringing some poles down for you @alysha_newman94

AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94
        All I can say is I did my best !I’m upset because I felt so good but I’m proud to have set everything aside&was able to pull off 3 bars! I’m going to jump high this season, I feel it in me!There are so many people to thank after this one.😫♥️
        AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

Hugs shoutout to @Aspire_Academy for lending their poles..LIFESAVERS!! Secondly, @coachrippon & @Scott_Simpson_ for organizing and even thinking of the idea of asking @Aspire_Academy ! I would have never thought of that!
        Steve Rippon
        @coachrippon

Glad you got to clear a few bars. Good luck for Eugene. Big Thanks to Brendan and Tom also
        AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

Thirdly, I want to thank @PhilipGrahamSm2 for driving all the way to @Aspire_Academy to get the poles! He got them to the track for me to re-tape in time to get focused and get a plan together !! 🙏🏼
        Philip Graham-Smith
        @PhilipGrahamSm2

The poles are making their way back to Aspire now and taking some of the iconic Doha sights along the way

AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

You guys are the best !!!🙏🏼
        Philip Graham-Smith
        @PhilipGrahamSm2

You're very welcome, have to acknowledge Brendan Tammo for selecting them for you... driving them was easy, but getting them into the stadium needed advanced 'make it happen' skills....
        AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

AND BRENDAN TAMMO!!🙏🏼🙏🏼
        AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

It's been a long and sleepless few days but I'm extremely thankful for everyone who stepped in and helped! My agents, @TrackDiddy and Jeff Hartwig and even the girls who offered their poles ! I love pole vault for this reason, so much love and support ! I’m proud to be a vaulter!
        AlyshaNewman
        @alysha_newman94

Lastly,@AirCanada is doing everything they can to figure out what has happened&how something like this can be prevented in the future!They are replacing all the broken poles&are deeply sorry!It made tonight that much better knowing I’ll have poles to come home to.Thx u @AirCanada

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
          NBC not having a good day.
          Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
          NBC Gold worked just fine for me, as usual, except that the "track events" stream was NOT just races; it was the Olympic Channel feed but without ads, so they broke away from the M SC and the W 3000 to show field-event attempts. Since it was called "track events", not NBCSN feed or Olympic Channel feed, I assumed it would be like the races-only stream at the WC last year. I expressed my unhappiness on their Facebook page. Also, the stream started late, missing that great M 400.

I watched the entire W DT on that stream. Perkovic knew immediately upon releasing the disc that it was a big throw.
          NBC Sports Gold did the same thing with the track events streams during the non-Pre Diamond League meets last year. After the first meet, I made sure I watched the field event streams first to avoid spoilers.

Unlike the discus and high jump, the javelin and triple jump streams were a complete mess. I anticipate that gm was referring to this fiasco. Not sure where the fault lies, but I sent an e-mail to NBC Sports Gold.
          Last edited by Davidokun; 05-06-2018, 03:26 AM. Reason: Deleted irrelevant parts of second quote

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            And I am not getting anything. NBC Gold has failed again as I cannot get linked in...
            Try a different browser. I have the same problem with Apple Safari, but Google Chrome works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
              Unlike the discus and high jump, the javelin and triple jump streams were a complete mess. I anticipate that gm was referring to this fiasco.
              That is exactly it.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                pity Neeraj Chopra, who raises Indian Record to 87.43..... and gets 4th.
                ..and also fourth on the fourth place top list!

88.58 Sergey Makarov Jena 05.06.1999
                88.26 Thomas Röhler London 12.08.2017
                87.76 Raymond Hecht Sydney 23.09.2000
                87.43 Neeraj Chopra Ad-Dawhah 04.05.2018

Unlike Chopra, Makarov's best throw for fourth came in a pretty tight competition with him only 30cm from first:

88.82 Konstadínos Gatsioúdis
                88.67 Raymond Hecht
                88.62 Boris Henry
                88.58 Sergey Makarov

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                  Clearly, de Grasse went wandering as well which is why he only ran 20.46.
                  Funny! Question is, is he still recovering or just rusty?

Comment

NBC Sports Gold did the same thing with the track events streams during the non-Pre Diamond League meets last year. After the first meet, I made sure I watched the field event streams first to avoid spoilers.

Unlike the discus and high jump, the javelin and triple jump streams were a complete mess.
                    In what way?

I anticipate that gm was referring to this fiasco. Not sure where the fault lies, but I sent an e-mail to NBC Sports Gold.
                    E-mail address for NBC Sports Gold?
                    Thanks,
                    Alan Shank

Comment

In what way?
                      This is what I wrote in my first message:

The men's javelin segment of the women's discus/men's javelin event replay from the Doha Diamond League meet is a complete mess. It freezes late in the second round, just before Jakub Vadlejch's second throw, then jumps back to repeat some first-round throws, then jumps ahead to early in the third round, then fast-forwards through Andreas Hoffman's third throw, etc. As a result, we do not see throws over 90 meters by Thomas Röhler and Hoffman.
                      Later, they did show Röhler's winning throw—many, many times.

And this is what I wrote in my second message:

There are similar issues with the men's triple jump event replay. Again, it freezes late in the second round, just before Christian Taylor's second jump, then jumps back to repeat some first-round jumps, then jumps ahead to early in the third round, etc.
                      E-mail address for NBC Sports Gold?
                      [email protected]

The reply I received implies that this account may be for technical support. In this case, I suspect that the fault lies with the stream generator, i.e., the meeting organizer. I don't have any problems viewing the streams; it is the content of the streams that is jumbled, and that may be beyond NBC's reach.

Comment

Samha 47.57 and Gardiner 43.87......!

Comment

Working...
                        X