Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, Pac-12?

Decathlon final standings from the Pac-12 meet today. This is very not good.

DECATHLON STANDINGS
    1. Harrison Williams, STAN – 7925
    2. Andrew Ghizzone, COLO – 6284
    3. Davis Butte, COLO – 6079
    4. Michael Gonzalez, USC – 5925
    5. Aaron Carmichael, COLO – 5822
    6. Austin Torres, ORE – 5797
    7. Nate Gravelding, COLO – 5783
    8. Jack Herkert, STAN – 3606
    9. Martin Moldau, WSU – 2087
    10. Dominic Gehr, ARIZ – 599

I am guessing that second place might be 500+ points from scoring at the Big Ten meet, and here it is on a separate weekend and in the Big Ten meet some of the better athletes compete in several individual meets instead. Maybe some that will make the NCAA meet did not want to do an extra decathlon.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

DECATHLON STANDINGS
      My two cents -
      1. Harrison Williams had a good competition and on his way to score above 8000 when he had a disastrous JT (~`46m).
      2. Ghizzone failed to score in the PV - so this is out of nine events
      3. There are no additional Pac-12 athletes with a qualifying mark for the Dec
      4. A quick look at the Hep (four qualifying marks - all PB) will make your day better
      5. Oregon is a shadow of its glorious past in the multi-events

26mi235 - Ellenwood is having a really good year and most likely will feature in the medals in the NCAA

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
        26mi235 - Ellenwood is having a really good year and most likely will feature in the medals in the NCAA
        She seems to finally returning to where she was and notched a 100h PR twice on Friday (I was across the track with 32 vaulters so I did not have much chance to watch). She has been a little weaker than her best jumps but has been hitting 175-180 this year and a few leaps over 6m.

I do not know if she is going to do individual events or the Hept at Big Tens but I am going to get to see here last UW meet.

Comment

Wow! That's strange....for comparison, here are the results from the America East this weekend, a conference that is at a slightly lower standard than the Pac-12.
          https://www.tfrrs.org/results/56546_3495942.html
          Besides the first place in Pac-12 scoring 7900, its equal or better lol

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            She seems to finally returning to where she was and notched a 100h PR twice on Friday (I was across the track with 32 vaulters so I did not have much chance to watch). She has been a little weaker than her best jumps but has been hitting 175-180 this year and a few leaps over 6m.

I do not know if she is going to do individual events or the Hept at Big Tens but I am going to get to see here last UW meet.
            She also broke her PB by almost 2m in the JT.
            She can defiantly score well above 6,000 (already 5983PB this season, sum of PBs 6303).
            The bronze will be between her and two-three others athletes , but I think that she is the favorite.
            Last edited by olorin; 05-07-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

We all know disasters await many a multi-athlete,although the Hept is more reliable than the decathlon.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                We all know disasters await many a multi-athlete,although the Hept is more reliable than the decathlon.
                welcome to a world without the vault; if Becca gets her wish, the women's multi can join the ranks of the unreliable :-)

Comment

Congrats to Stanford (and/or the P-12 office, which is located in SF) for buying the bottom part of the sports section's front page in the SF Chronicle this morning to plug ticket sales for the meet.

We're getting close to last gasps in what was at one point one of the strongholds of the sport in the country.

Comment

Now if the San Francisco Chronicle will only cover the meet.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

DECATHLON STANDINGS
                      Pretty terrible that 3606 gets a team point, but the decathlon has never been a great trade off of points/effort for a decent athlete.

Comment

I did one decathlon in a track and field gym class in college and had been training for two years. I scored a bit above 5000 points. I do not think of Colorado as the home of strong multi events (although they do have Ghizzone) but they picked up 20 points.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                          welcome to a world without the vault; if Becca gets her wish, the women's multi can join the ranks of the unreliable :-)
                          Thanks for thinking of me!

Unreliable = more exciting

Comment

Working...
                          X