Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-12 Championships

As you know, the Pac-12 Championships will be this weekend at Stanford University. The men's 400 final starts at 4 p.m. (P.S.T.) on Mother's Day and the men's four by 400 relay is the final event at 6:10 p.m.

Both events should be pretty good (to say the least). Of course there are many other good events during the two-day meet, however I wanted to see if anyone has any idea how fast the winning times will be in those two events.

Let's assume Michael Norman is healthy and ready to go and let's assume the weather will be warm with no rain, but maybe a little wind.

Please, only one guess per person per event. What will be the winning time in the men's 400 and what will be the winning time in the men's four by 400 relay? Both events will be run this Sunday, May 13.

I am guessing that with the trifecta of Conference/Regionals/NCAA he won't want to light all of his matches here, especially after seeing how Fred Kerley was less able to reproduce is college marks on the big stage (of course, this year the big stage is just the DL meets). However, he might be auditioning for a pro contract.

Comment

Good point, but it doesn't answer my question.
      Last edited by DoubleRBar; 05-09-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

44.75 and 3:03.62

Comment

Very good, gm. I would say both those times are a little conservative, but so far, you are the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
            Very good, gm. I would say both those times are a little conservative, but so far, you are the winner.

3:03.42

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post

Let's assume . . . the weather will be warm with no rain, but maybe a little wind.
              Good assumption. Current forecast for Sunday is sunny with a high temp of 81F (27C).

Comment

Predicting the winning time in the 400 is tough since Norman may not have to run that fast to win the race. I would think he would easily go under 45.0, but NotDutra5 might have something with that 45.01.

I still think the relay will go faster than 3:03.

Comment

stadium records

400 Tyree Washington (Nike) USATF Championship Finals 6/21/03 44.33

4x400 Relay Pullins Track Club Stanford Invitational 3/29/03 3:05.18

Comment

Norman 44.87

4x4 Relay - 3:02.73

Comment

_Jay, I think you are getting closer to the relay time.

Comment

400m: 44.11

1600m Relay: 3:01.48

Comment

Not sure why they could not run a 3:00.xx, so I will say 3:00.66; the 400 comes earlier and I do not know if he is also doing the 4x100 or the 200, so I would say 44.75.

Comment

44.0 and 3:00.5

Go big or go home.....

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
                              Norman 44.87
                              4x4 Relay - 3:02.73
                              I'll bid . . . LOWER!

3:02.22

Comment

Working...
                              X