Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 SEC Outdoor Champs

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Kendal Williams has been all around the place. World Junior Champion in 2014 then nowhere for nearly four years; no he's in the sub-10 category.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by upchuckserious View Post
      Kendal Williams has been all around the place.
      Including the 20.15 200 he just ran.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
        New collegiate record 4x100m 42.04. LSU.
        Kentucky in 2nd moves to #3 team and #5 performance as well.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by upchuckserious View Post
          Kendal Williams has been all around the place. World Junior Champion in 2014 then nowhere for nearly four years; no he's in the sub-10 category.
          Yeah, injuries have slowed his progress, but the talent has always been there. Happy to see him break 10 seconds!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
            M 400:
            1. **Nathon Allen (Auburn) 44.28
            2. Nathan Strother (Tennessee) 44.34
            Not too surprised by Allen, but definitely didn't see that coming from Strother! Hope Bloomfield recovers from whatever's bothering him soon. That NCAA m400 final is going to be insane. Allen, Strother, Norman, Bloomfield, London, and potentially Benjamin. Six quality guys, but only three medals.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by john gold2 View Post
              Norman had no competition,next best in his race was 46.20.Nathon and Nathan on the other hand seemed to have battled hard for that result.
              Exactly.

              Take nothing away from these two. Those times are no joke. But in comparison, Norman may as well have been the only one on the track in his race. He looked very controlled, easy, the whole race.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by _Jay View Post
                Exactly.

                Take nothing away from these two. Those times are no joke. But in comparison, Norman may as well have been the only one on the track in his race. He looked very controlled, easy, the whole race.
                Just saw Norman's race and even though he had no competition he apparently was pressing for a good time.He may have given his all in that effort but we will not know until he is challenged as those in the SEC final were.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by john gold2 View Post
                  Just saw Norman's race and even though he had no competition he apparently was pressing for a good time.He may have given his all in that effort but we will not know until he is challenged as those in the SEC final were.
                  There is no comparison between the slow track at Stanford (I remember the 02 and 03 usatf meets were held there and the sprints were slow) and what we saw at Knoxville. Some of the performances were unbelievable almost had an Eugene like aura and I am betting most won’t repeat their marks at the ncaa meet.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Should be an awesome 400m. I favour Norman for the win. Could there be 3 or 4 under 44?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tm71 View Post
                      There is no comparison between the slow track at Stanford (I remember the 02 and 03 usatf meets were held there and the sprints were slow) and what we saw at Knoxville. Some of the performances were unbelievable almost had an Eugene like aura and I am betting most won’t repeat their marks at the ncaa meet.
                      Note that Nathon Allen didn't even run a personal best.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by john gold2 View Post
                        Just saw Norman's race and even though he had no competition he apparently was pressing for a good time.He may have given his all in that effort but we will not know until he is challenged as those in the SEC final were.
                        He was definitely running hard....

                        But there is no comparison to pushing yourself to run in a race without competition, and being pulled to a fast time and pushed to the line by the competitor next to you...

                        I think it may take 43.x to win....lol. Allen is no joke....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Allen is the favorite (by some, at least) but not by a lot. Norman likely ran as good a race with a deficit for the surface. Eugene has a good surface but the stadium is one that is often not kind to 400m runners, so a 43 there is a pretty big ask. How many 43s have been run at Pre -- about two orders of magnitude less than sub-4 miles.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            According to Oregon's excellent media guide, here are the four sub-44 performances in Hayward Field history:

                            43.74 Michael Johnson, USA, 6/19/93
                            43.92 Michael Johnson, USA, 6/24/00
                            43.95 Kirani James, GRN, Pre Classic, 5/30/15
                            43.97 LaShawn Merritt, USA, Olympic Trials, 7/1/16

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by gm View Post
                              According to Oregon's excellent media guide, here are the four sub-44 performances in Hayward Field history:

                              43.74 Michael Johnson, USA, 6/19/93
                              43.92 Michael Johnson, USA, 6/24/00
                              43.95 Kirani James, GRN, Pre Classic, 5/30/15
                              43.97 LaShawn Merritt, USA, Olympic Trials, 7/1/16
                              I know, James and Merritt both ran 43.97 at the 2014 Pre Classic.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                                Allen is the favorite (by some, at least) but not by a lot. Norman likely ran as good a race with a deficit for the surface. Eugene has a good surface but the stadium is one that is often not kind to 400m runners, so a 43 there is a pretty big ask. How many 43s have been run at Pre -- about two orders of magnitude less than sub-4 miles.
                                I am hoping Bloomfield will be in the mix too.Since leaving high school when he last had the better of Allen I do not believe he has been at his best,due to injuries,when it mattered the most.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎