Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adidas Boost Boston Games

Yesterday on the track there were a few good marks in distances races in the rain.
    Ajee Wilson 1:59.68 in the 800
    Charlene Lipsey 4:04.98 PB in the 1500m behind Seyaum
    Drew Hunter 3:56:72 in the Mile

Today, on the straight track, some sprints will be starting soon with a lot of the notable Adidas sprinters. Noha Lyles in the 150. Torie Bowie and Kendra Harrison in the 100m. Gay and Blake in the 100m. Miller-Uibo in the 150 and many others.

Jax girl, Caitlin Collier (Stanford-bound), won the Girls Dream Mile in 4:38.48 yesterday.

Comment

Announcers mentioned early in the "Sports Gold" broadcast on Sunday that the 200m straight track at Boston Common dropped from ~5' above the street to 2.5' above at the finish.

Then Ato Bolden keeps talking about "records" for different races as they are run. The track can't be in specs for any records; except for tracks that drop 2.5'/200m

Comment

Perhaps the street rises along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
          Perhaps the street rises along the way.
          Ah, yes. A possibility.

Comment

Miller-Uibo running a scorching 16.23 in the 150m into a headwind was the real eye-opener today. That 200m PR of hers has to fall this year, and if she can allocate her speed wisely, sub-49 is a possibility, too

A big shock, though, was Le-Roy's 22.16 in the 200m. Where in heavens did that come from?

The 400m ladies are not playing around!

Comment

Originally posted by JY View Post
              Announcers mentioned early in the "Sports Gold" broadcast on Sunday that the 200m straight track at Boston Common dropped from ~5' above the street to 2.5' above at the finish.

Then Ato Bolden keeps talking about "records" for different races as they are run. The track can't be in specs for any records; except for tracks that drop 2.5'/200m
              Not quite a steep enough drop to match the outer lanes in some indoor 200s, I don't think.

Comment

Noah Lyles should give up the 100m, no? If this was a 100m race, he would've lost to Mitchell-Blake. It isn't clear that race is ever going to work out for him. It's incredible how much better he is over 200m.

Shaunae is not from this world. I wouldn't put anything pass her.

Comment

Can we start talking about a move to a 200m focus for SMU at majors rather than 400m?

Comment

I believe the comment reflected how the structure had to change its height above the ground to keep the track level due the street slope.
                    Tom Hyland:
                    "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                      Can we start talking about a move to a 200m focus for SMU at majors rather than 400m?
                      The 200 I would say is still a bit more crowded with athletes like Bowie and Thompson who are young. The 400 has younger athletes as well, but with Felix likely moving out, no one is in the 49 mid to low range (yet) that SMU can get to.

Comment

Originally posted by upchuckserious View Post
                        Noah Lyles should give up the 100m, no? If this was a 100m race, he would've lost to Mitchell-Blake. It isn't clear that race is ever going to work out for him. It's incredible how much better he is over 200m.

Lyle’s time seems to be the fifth fastest ever. He may be be better at 200 and the 400, but he is entirely solid here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/150_metres

Much later thought, he did run a windy 9.86 this summer.
                        Last edited by Dave; 05-21-2018, 04:02 PM. Reason: Comment about his 100 this year.

Comment

Random 150m race question. That event in 1997 where Baliey and Johnson went up against each other on the indoor 150m curve, was that the only race/activity that occurred at that event?

Comment

I think it's unnecessarily risky to ask hurdlers to run in the outside lanes of a "track" five feet above the street, especially with no safety railing or netting of any type. They sometimes take awkward falls and a tumble from that height to the street could end a career.

Comment

Miller-Uibo looked fantastic in her 150. Her form was gorgeous. I still think she can continue to be the 400m Queen, and that kind of raw speed will help greatly.

I'm pretty sure the world will be ruled some day by the offspring of Miller-Uibo and Uibo.
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Working...
                              X