Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I think Sanya Richards, a sub-11 sprinter, would have run sub-22 if she had run the 200 as often as Allyson Felix ran the 400.
    Richards-Ross ran more 200s in her career than Felix has run 400s, but you raise a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
      Maybe I'm missing some, but in her legendary 2009 season, did she only run the 200m once or twice at most?
      Twice, according to our host:
      adidas Track Classic (Carson, May 16)
      Wind: -1.9
      1. Felix 22.66
      2. Richards 23.03

World Athletics Final (Thessaloniki, September 12)
      Wind: 0.1
      1. Felix 22.29 (22.282)
      2. Richards 22.29 (22.289)

Comment

According to tila, she also ran 3 rounds in the US and World Championships (winning all six races), plus the Stockholm DL, as well as meets in Gateshead and Shanghai.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
          According to tila, she also ran 3 rounds in the US and World Championships (winning all six races), plus the Stockholm DL, as well as meets in Gateshead and Shanghai.
          That's Felix's 2009 season not SRR.

Comment

Oops, you're right. I didn't read enough of the thread. Sorry 'bout that.

The two you mentioned do seem to be SRR's only 200s that season.

Comment

Sanya also ran very few 100's.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                Sanya also ran very few 100's.
                I feel like that is very notable. She ran that sub 11 (into a headwind)
                and in IMO her 4 greatest years in the 400 (2005, 2006, 2009, 2012) she only ran the 100m once, a slightly windy 10.89.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  I feel like that is very notable. She ran that sub 11 (into a headwind)
                  and in IMO her 4 greatest years in the 400 (2005, 2006, 2009, 2012) she only ran the 100m once, a slightly windy 10.89.
                  Most athletes end up at the 400 because they lack the speed to be successful short sprinters, but Sanya is the exception to that rule. She was a long sprinter by choice.

Comment

Not necessarily, often times the move is necessitated through chronic injury.
                    Last edited by scorpionking; 05-24-2018, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X