Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaican Invitational Results (IAAF World Challenge Meet)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jamaican Invitational Results (IAAF World Challenge Meet)

    100M
    Elaine Thompson - 11.06
    Ronnie Baker - 10.00

    200M
    Shericka Jackson - 22.55
    Christopher Taylor - 20.49

    400M
    Jessica Beard - 50.52
    Demish Gaye - 45.08

    400H
    Janieve Rusell - 54.26
    TJ Holmes - 48.67

    110H
    Jasmin Stowers - 12.83

    Full results at the link...
    https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/ia...imetable/byday

  • #2
    How fast is the track, probably not so fast as the 'best'. Also, what were the winds on the sprints?

    Comment


    • #3
      Womens 100m -0.3
      Mens 100m +2.0

      Womens 200m +0.4
      Mens 200m 0.0

      Comment


      • #4
        So with a decent tailwind ET edges under 11; thanks for the info

        Comment


        • #5
          So curious to see where Christopher Taylor ends up. He's easily the most hyped Jamaican male junior sprinter since Usain Bolt, no? I love his spirit: he's a big time competitor and never comes to play.

          Elaine Thompson perplexes me. She admits she's struggling with a achilles injury but continues to run in this off year rather than recuperate. Why not take the year off and get herself ready for what will be back to back to back championship years?
          Last edited by upchuckserious; 05-20-2018, 07:59 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            How fast is the track, probably not so fast as the 'best'. Also, what were the winds on the sprints?
            Although the commentators spoke of some wear on the track it was this same track which saw many records fall at the High School championship held in March.Either the athletes just were not as sharp as they could have been or the conditions were not conducive to fast times.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by upchuckserious View Post
              Elaine Thompson perplexes me. She admits she's struggling with a achilles injury but continues to run in this off year rather than recuperate. Why not take the year off and get herself ready for what will be back to back to back championship years?
              Because running is her job and it pays the bills?
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

              Comment


              • #8
                It pays a lot more if she is a reigning gold medalist. I do think that she has made the mistake of running too often going after money, and it has cost her.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  It pays a lot more if she is a reigning gold medalist. I do think that she has made the mistake of running too often going after money, and it has cost her.
                  Exactly. Soon she won't command what she used to because she'll be seen as washed up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    It pays a lot more if she is a reigning gold medalist. I do think that she has made the mistake of running too often going after money, and it has cost her.
                    I agree with Clyde Hart's quote that "not all money is good money" but I still think it's presumptuous to make career decisions for other people without knowing anything about his/her personal finances an income opportunities.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X