This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix's withdrawal from Pre

I was happy NBC's announce team pointed out Felix withdrawing from the meet and that she gave no reason and has not responded to requests for comments from anyone, including members of the announce team themselves who reached out to her personally. SMU would have smoked Felix in the 400. Allison ducked the competition -plain and simple. If she had a legitimate reason for withdrawing, she should have made it public. Even meet officials couldn't get a response from her. Seems like the golden child is starting to get a bit tarnished.

Originally posted by Twice An Olympian View Post
    I was happy NBC's announce team pointed out Felix withdrawing from the meet and that she gave no reason and has not responded to requests for comments from anyone, including members of the announce team themselves who reached out to her personally. SMU would have smoked Felix in the 400. Allison ducked the competition -plain and simple. If she had a legitimate reason for withdrawing, she should have made it public. Even meet officials couldn't get a response from her. Seems like the golden child is starting to get a bit tarnished.
    She could pull out of every meet the rest of the Yr. That won’t tarnish what she’s done over the last decade plus. Lol

Maybe since you don’t know, you shouldn’t make assumptions that she didn’t have a “legitimate reason.” I don’t know who decides what’s “legitimate” or not, other than her anyways....

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
      I don’t know who decides what’s “legitimate” or not, other than her anyways....
      She's 32. That not over-the-hill, but it sure is a very good reason to pick and choose where and when you're ready to compete. When in doubt, scratch. The money this year is in July-Aug-Sep, so no need to accept any untoward challenges before then.

Comment

Why should she make her reasons public? She owes you, me and everybody else absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          Why should she make her reasons public? She owes you, me and everybody else absolutely nothing.
          In most professional sports - NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL - teams are required to make injury reports public. Why should professional T&F be any different? A number of people bought tickets to see Felix run. I don't think it's asking too much for her to give a reason for withdrawing at the last possible moment. She may have simply felt a hamstring twinge on the warmup track, for example. No one's asking for her ATM password. Until she gives a reason, it's fair game to speculate on why she withdrew...injury, failed drug test, scared of her competition, didn't want to lose on American soil. In the absence of an answer from Allison, people will assume the worst.

Comment

Felix's withdrawal from Pre

In most professional sports - NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL - teams are required to make injury reports public. Why should professional T&F be any different? A number of people bought tickets to see Felix run. I don't think it's asking too much for her to give a reason for withdrawing at the last possible moment. She may have simply felt a hamstring twinge on the warmup track, for example. No one's asking for her ATM password. Until she gives a reason, it's fair game to speculate on why she withdrew...injury, failed drug test, scared of her competition, didn't want to lose on American soil. In the absence of an answer from Allison, people will assume the worst.
            And half the time the reasons are bogus anyway. I'd rather no excuses than a made up excuse.

Comment

I dont see why mane users are wondering why felix called off .Probably most of them wanted to see her get defeated . Otherwise I dont get it , since alot of people on this thread is claiming that father time got the best out of her LOL ...why does it bother if she runs or not

Comment

Agreed...AF could have easily made up an injury she she was that type of person...
                nothing in her history suggests she would do such a thing. Fans in attendance paid to see the entire meet not just one person...she scratched...it happens.

Some here have a hard on to see Felix be beaten into oblivion.

Comment

Allison Felix, probably currently the highest profile US track athlete pulls out of the biggest non championship domestic meet in the US at the last minute with no explanation and some can't understand why there would be some questioning of her situation?

That's what's really odd.

Comment

In Eugene no one cared Felix wasn't there... My advice is do the same...

These days having the highest profile in track is like the highest elevation in the Bonneville Salt Flats..
                    Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-28-2018, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                      Allison Felix, probably currently the highest profile US track athlete pulls out of the biggest non championship domestic meet in the US at the last minute with no explanation and some can't understand why there would be some questioning of her situation?

That's what's really odd.
                      Wanting an explanation and saying definitively (without knowing anything), that she’s ducking the comp and tarnishing her legacy are different.

That’s what I was referring to with the other poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                        In Eugene no one cared Felix wasn't there... My advice is do the same...
                        I'll do what I wish but I do appreciate the advice of yourself and all the folks in Eugene.
                        Last edited by NotDutra5; 05-28-2018, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
                          Wanting an explanation and saying definitively (without knowing anything), that she’s ducking the comp and tarnishing her legacy are different.

That’s what I was referring to with the other poster.
                          I agree with you. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't or, maybe more appropriately put, aren't entitled to wonder what the deal is.

If not, then let's just shut the board down except for posts which are of 100% fact based data.
                          Last edited by NotDutra5; 05-28-2018, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                            I agree with you. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't or, maybe more appropriately put, aren't entitled to wonder what the deal is.

If not, then let's just shut the board down except for posts which are of 100% fact based data.
                            Accusing Felix of "ducking" her competitors without being able to substantiate such a claim is slanderous bullshit and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                              Accusing Felix of "ducking" her competitors without being able to substantiate such a claim is slanderous bullshit and you know it.
                              Settle down counselor. I did no such thing.

However, speculating is part of the process of this board including when one's personal fave is involved.

Comment

Working...
                              X