3. Andre Ewers (Florida State) Jr
    4. Kendal Williams (Georgia) Jr
    5. Divine Oduduru’ (Texas Tech) So
    6. Cravon Gillespie (Oregon) Jr
    7. Elijah Hall (Houston) Sr
    8. Raheem Chambers’ (Auburn) So
    9. Cejhae Greene’ (Georgia) Sr
    10. McKinely West (Southern Mississippi) Jr
    Last edited by dj; 06-09-2018, 02:23 AM.

Ewers was born not too far from my practice. I do not know for whom he wants to run.
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

T&FN form chart after semis:

1. Cameron Burrell (Houston) Sr
      3. Andre Ewers (Florida State) Jr
      6. Cravon Gillespie (Oregon) Jr
      7. Elijah Hall (Houston) Sr
      8. Raheem Chambers’ (Auburn) So
      9. Cejhae Greene’ (Georgia) Sr
      10. McKinely West (Southern Mississippi) Jr

Did not advance to final:
      2. Jaylen Bacon (Arkansas State) Sr
      4. Kendal Williams (Georgia) Jr
      5. Divine Oduduru’ (Texas Tech) So

Comment

Prior to the semis, the results site had Gillespie's SB as 10.05 and his PB as 10.12. Pretty good trick.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
          Prior to the semis, the results site had Gillespie's SB as 10.05 and his PB as 10.12. Pretty good trick.
          If they're pulling PB's and SB's from TFRRS, that would explain it.

Comment

Burrell's 10.07/-0.9 was the best looking but after his Heat 1 the wind shifted to a tailwind. There might have been some unlucky guys in the first heat they gave up a 3.1 mps disadvantage and missed a q.

Comment

Live results following TFRRS protocol on SB|PB wind so it is 4.0|2.0 wind allowance for the start list data and then any result flags.

Also, not sure if anyone has noticed this, but if you click on the "Semi" button from the Compiled Results page there should be arrows that indicate the relative wind direction. So for example, Semifinal 1 the wind was -0.9 and coming left to right. Then you can see how the wind shifts next two races. Not perfect but certainly documents a directional change.

Comment

Some of the directional change was that a decent crosswind was changing angle. The vault and 400/400h marks should be evaluated in that light

Comment

1-2 for Burrell and Hall!! 10.13 the winning time today, not exactly sprinting weather

Comment

Considering the credentials of the coaching staff along with the recent success of its sprinters, Houston may have established itself as the go-to place for short sprinters.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      Considering the credentials of the coaching staff along with the recent success of its sprinters, Houston may have established itself as the go-to place for short sprinters.
                      Ain't that the truth?

Comment

No comments about the surprising second of Ohio State over all the teams of the mere mortals (including the entire SEC)... Guru, any comments?

Comment

Ohio State might have one of the best differentials from the four 100 times to the 4x100. However, it is probably not close to the Wisconsin women who ran a 44.43 in the first round with these runners, in order
                          [12.66] (no 100 marks, and no 200 marks for quite a while, is a 400h 57.42, 55.27 400)

Adds up to 49.52. Yes, only one runs a lot of 100s, so the start is not as much of a constraint, but a 13.18 gal was doing the lead leg. 5.09 seconds is a HUGE differential. They started the year at about 46 seconds and then got faster almost every time they ran, and were down to 45.40 at the National Relays.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                            No comments about the surprising second of Ohio State over all the teams of the mere mortals (including the entire SEC)... Guru, any comments?
                            I'm still trying to take in everything you normally miss when you're at a meet, but 38.75 in that weather is a big-time result for Ohio State, and as you already pointed out, the Big 10 had a great meet. Perhaps you brought them good luck and it's a sign that you need to be in attendance in Texas next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                              I'm still trying to take in everything you normally miss when you're at a meet, but 38.75 in that weather is a big-time result for Ohio State, and as you already pointed out, the Big 10 had a great meet. Perhaps you brought them good luck and it's a sign that you need to be in attendance in Texas next year.
                              I will use any luck I might have in the next Championship, which is the NCAA XC meet in Madison -- I could actually walk to that meet; I never have walked to the Wisconsin course, but I have ridden a lot of times. I will have too much work to do this year to think about riding, however (and it gets pretty cool in mid-late November. With the emergence of Hoare and the return of McDonald and Hacker, Wisconsin might have a chance for those podium places even with the strong returning teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X