X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
    Rai Benjamin also represented Antigua and Barbuda in the 2015 IAAF World Relays (4×200, Heat 1, Lane 2, first leg).

http://youtu.be/xN24JscJXvA?t=174
    He also represented Antigua and Barbuda in the Carifta Games that same year (2015).

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by _Jay View Post
    Yeah, the more I read...the more I see folks in agreement that the conditions were good.

Just hard to see the visual of puddles in lanes/temperature and come to that conclusion. lol.

Guess I'm learning something...
    There is no Fxxxxxx way that 58 degrees makes good sprinting weather. Compared to typical situations at Hayward Field (RIP), there was less wind hindering the event. But many of the sprint times in the finals were not that good including the w4x400. The NCAA meet has four races for the athletes in little over 48 hours. Give them the much longer set up in the WCs and they will have a lot more rest and summer temps (except in London, Helsinki, maybe...).

And forget about the comments about the humidity helping, that is not the case whatsoever (it is based on a couple reasonable but wrong assumptions, see my other posts).

Leave a comment:

• Davidokun
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    Benjamin is an America citizen. He has filed to represent the U.S. and is currently waiting for that paperwork to be processed. Who knows how long that could take?
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Oh, that is REALLY good news. Has he ever represented Antigua?

edit - just found him in the 2013 WYC - I assume for Antigua.
    Yes, he represented Antigua in 2013.
    Rai Benjamin also represented Antigua and Barbuda in the 2015 IAAF World Relays (4×200, Heat 1, Lane 2, first leg).

http://youtu.be/xN24JscJXvA?t=174

Leave a comment:

• fourjz
    replied
    Benjamin is an America citizen. He has filed to represent the U.S. and is currently waiting for that paperwork to be processed. Who knows how long that could take?
    That would be his best move financially internationally representing the USA Team.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Just curious and don't know how to look this up.
    What are the comparative WRS for:
    4 x 440y (was it set on synthetic track) and 4 x 400m

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Depends on what you consider "better".

Guru laid it out perfectly.
    Yeah, the more I read...the more I see folks in agreement that the conditions were good.

Just hard to see the visual of puddles in lanes/temperature and come to that conclusion. lol.

Guess I'm learning something...

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

No one who was at the meet thinks that there were optimal sprinting conditions Friday and Saturday and had it not been a championship meet, a lot of the top sprinters' coaches would have scratched them out of fear of injury. Hats off to the meet organizers for managing the athletes in the best way possible between the time they check-in and the time the gun fires. If the Penn Relays managed athletes this way perhaps so many big schools wouldn't have abandoned it over the last few years.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 06-11-2018, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Yeah, I was worried as well, because Schinnick had been slowed by injury this outdoor season. He ran 45.20 to win US Juniors last yr. and ran 45.8 indoors. Had he been completely healthy he probably splits a full second faster minimum. He was running 47's a month ago...lol

With good conditions I have no doubt that USC team couldve ran 2:57...maybe even with the same conditions, just good health...
    LSU's record may have been even more of a surprise since two of their guys were football players who only finished spring training less than 2 months earlier. Anyway, hats off to USC, they are very worthy successors to my beloved Tigers.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    lol. Possibly. I didn't realize 59 degrees was optimal sprinting weather....

They said the conditions weren't horrible during the race....just think better conditions could've helped.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Or maybe those conditions were good for fast one lapping.
    lol. Possibly. I didn't realize 59 degrees was optimal sprinting weather....

They said the conditions weren't horrible during the race....just think better conditions could've helped.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Or maybe those conditions were good for fast one lapping.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Because of the weather, I was beginning to think that LSU's 2:59.59 was safe until Rai Benjamin ran 47.02. It's amazing that a college team can run 2:59.00 in that weather when the 3rd leg only splits 45.86.
    Yeah, I was worried as well, because Schinnick had been slowed by injury this outdoor season. He ran 45.20 to win US Juniors last yr. and ran 45.8 indoors. Had he been completely healthy he probably splits a full second faster minimum. He was running 47's a month ago...lol

With good conditions I have no doubt that USC team couldve ran 2:57...maybe even with the same conditions, just good health...

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Because of the weather, I was beginning to think that LSU's 2:59.59 was safe until Rai Benjamin ran 47.02. It's amazing that a college team can run 2:59.00 in that weather when the 3rd leg only splits 45.86.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    Yes, he represented Antigua in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Oh, that is REALLY good news. Has he ever represented Antigua?

edit - just found him in the 2013 WYC - I assume for Antigua.
    Last edited by Atticus; 06-11-2018, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X