3. Matt Baxter’ (Northern Arizona) Sr
    4. Connor McMillan (BYU) Jr
    5. Rory Linkletter (BYU) Jr
    6. Gilbert Kigen’ (Alabama) Jr
    7. Arsene Guillorel’ (Samford) Sr
    8. Lawrence Kipkoech’ (Campbell) Jr
    9. Clayton Young (BYU) Jr
    10. Dillon Maggard (Utah State) Sr
    Last edited by dj; 06-07-2018, 02:48 AM.

Will anyone have the balls to go for the Meet Record, which is now 39 years old??
    Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Will anyone have the balls to go for the Meet Record, which is now 39 years old??
      Just wondering.
      With only a few guys with PRs within shouting distance of the meet record I sincerely doubt the race is fast enough to get there. Balls or no balls.

Comment

Decent testicular action from winner. 39 second PR...Bombing in from outside the form chart too.

Comment

Another great Flanagan!

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
            Decent testicular action from winner. 39 second PR...Bombing in from outside the form chart too.
            Definitely gonad Man

Comment

BYU's three guys didn't even try to hide it. Apparently they believe they have a better shot in the 5000m.

Comment

Well they did not jog the start, I was on the backstretch and got the first 200 as about 29+ and 61-high at 400, with the three Alabama guys forging a big lead. But after the first mile they had slowed enough that Day was leading the pack back. Laps of 70-71 eventually lead the NAU guys to drop in a bunch of 68s. They slowed a bit gathering for the final and since Ben Flanagan had kept in the top four I thought my prediction of him winning would come true. It did but until 60 meters to go it looked like Kiprop would take it.

I was surprised that a runner I thought as good a chance as anyone in a championship race was not even picked for the top ten. He didn't have great times because he is a championship runner. I have seen him beat the best of the Big Ten in the 10,000 many times.

Comment

Then why even show up? If they needed a fast six mile tempo two days before the 5k, they could have done it on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                    BYU's three guys didn't even try to hide it. Apparently they believe they have a better shot in the 5000m.
                    I was standing right next to the track... They looked uncomfortable the entire time... Maybe they were coasting and saving it but it sure didn't look like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill S View Post
                      Then why even show up? If they needed a fast six mile tempo two days before the 5k, they could have done it on their own.
                      Among other things, it keeps opponents out of the race who might score. Unfortunate, but it happens. Plus, you do not get that many chances to run at the NCAA meet, and they ran the 10,000 before the 5000 at Regionals so even if the 5000 was there preferred event, that would qualify in the 10,000. Of course, after conference, and double at Regionals they might have buried themselves and were not recovered. Note that once the entry was set they could not drop the 10,000 in favor of the 5000.

Comment

Working...
                      X