3. Matt Owens (BYU) Fr
    4. Clayson Shumway (BYU) So
    5. Steven Fahy (Stanford) Jr
    6. Jamaine Coleman’ (Eastern Kentucky) Sr
    7. Emmanuel Rotich’ (Tulane) Jr
    8. Andrew Gardner (Washington) Sr
    9. Noah Affolder (Syracuse) Fr
    10. Aidan Tooker (Syracuse) So
    Last edited by dj; 06-09-2018, 01:04 AM.

T&FN form chart after semis:

1. Brian Barraza (Houston) Sr
    2. Obsa Ali (Minnesota) Jr
    3. Matt Owens (BYU) Fr
    4. Clayson Shumway (BYU) So
    5. Steven Fahy (Stanford) Jr
    6. Jamaine Coleman’ (Eastern Kentucky) Sr
    8. Andrew Gardner (Washington) Sr
    9. Noah Affolder (Syracuse) Fr
    10. Aidan Tooker (Syracuse) So

Did not advance:
    7. Emmanuel Rotich’ (Tulane) Jr

Comment

Affolder an AJL, high on the American ATL

Comment

#6 A-T USJr, I think

Comment

Is Barraza feeling team pressure? Running a bit quick.

Comment

Ouch. That was an awful fall. Hope Barraza is OK. He smacked his head pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
              Ouch. That was an awful fall. Hope Barraza is OK. He smacked his head pretty hard.
              Ugly.

Does that end Houston's team chances? A real good argument for those who don't understand running for points as to what not to do.

Comment

Yikes nasty fall there...Barraza was already fading though, would have been 4th or 5th.

Also REALLY ESPN???? YOU CUT AWAY FROM A RACE WITH 200 TO GO TO SHOW A REPLAY OF A FALL????? good thing we didn't really see the kick when it happened. I also can't believe how much that ESPN continues to disrespect field events and distance events. Showing 1 attempt with a 20 sec interview is now coverage of a field event? Also I think they showed half an 8 1/2 minute race. Nothing new, just another one of my twice yearly ranting sessions to avoid getting a rage aneurysm from watching ESPN and Larry Rawson butcher NCAA indoor and outdoor for about the 10th year in row that I've watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
                  Also REALLY ESPN???? YOU CUT AWAY FROM A RACE WITH 200 TO GO TO SHOW A REPLAY OF A FALL????? good thing we didn't really see the kick when it happened. I also can't believe how much that ESPN continues to disrespect field events and distance events. Showing 1 attempt with a 20 sec interview is now coverage of a field event? Also I think they showed half an 8 1/2 minute race. Nothing new, just another one of my twice yearly ranting sessions to avoid getting a rage aneurysm from watching ESPN and Larry Rawson butcher NCAA indoor and outdoor for about the 10th year in row that I've watched it.
                  Plenty to find fault with there, but Rawson is not commenting on this meet for ESPN. Also, ESPN is providing extensive field event coverage via WatchESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
                    Plenty to find fault with there, but Rawson is not commenting on this meet for ESPN. Also, ESPN is providing extensive field event coverage via WatchESPN.
                    wait i could have sworn i heard rawson during the steeple...now im embarrassed...its been a long week people and i missed the start of the broadcast

Comment

I agree the replay of the fall while the final lap was going on boggles the mind. The director's choice of camera shots is poor and making it difficult to follow the race....odd angles, head-on back straight shots, coned-in shots so that you can't see most of the field during parts of the races, too frequent changes from on camera to another. I do like the healthy dose of Dwight Stones that we're getting. He is about the most knowledgeable commentator out there and tries hard to share that knowledge. John Anderson's post-race interviews are a refreshing change from Lewis Johnson's inane questions.

Comment

I agree with Dr.Jay about Dwight.. I don't know how you get away from inane post-race interviews...

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                          I saw several replays and don't believe his head ever hit the track; surprised his clavicle didn't blow up, however, given how squarely he landed on his shoulder.

Comment

Oh, his melon banged the track. The right side bounced.

Comment

it was reported he had a shoulder sprain and was tested for a concussion

Comment

Working...
                              X