Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many NCAA underclassman tricksters just went pro?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Would he have been better off to hold on for another year?
    Maybe they go pro for reasons other than money!
    Maybe these college kids just want free trips to Europe and Asia, to stay in nice hotels, hear all those fancy foreign accents, eat REAL French or Italian or British foods!!
    LOL

Comment

I think this year is a special case since worlds next year is so late. It would be easier for NCAA athletes (who are at that high of a level) to go pro now and spend the entire year focused solely on getting to an performing in Doha. If they stayed in the NCAA, they would be running and peaking so early in March and June, and for US athletes, they wont have the luxury of USA's being close to NCAA's which would further decrease their chances of even making the team, let alone performing well all the way in October.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
        Maybe these college kids just want free trips to Europe and Asia, to stay in nice hotels, hear all those fancy foreign accents, eat REAL French or Italian or British foods!!
        LOL
        Kerr already has one of them furreigner accents. Why would he need to hear one.

Comment

LOL
          How do you know they all get free trips to Europe and get to stay in fancy hotels. I would be surprised if some of the ones turning pro get that level of financial support

Comment

cryptic tweet by Grant Holloway

S. Grant Holloway
            ‏ @Flaamingoo_

It’s been real. No cap.

Comment

we asked Holloway about the tweet: his partial response

<<It can be on the record, nothing is happening. Outside sources keep saying I’m going pro>>

Comment

So not a yes but not saying he won't be going pro soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                  How do you know they all get free trips to Europe and get to stay in fancy hotels. I would be surprised if some of the ones turning pro get that level of financial support
                  I just assumed!
                  I admit I'm not familiar with pro contract perks!
                  But I just assumed they get a free plane trip, a hotel (nice, but not necessarily fancy!), and a per diem for meals!
                  But never assume!
                  LOL

Comment

I just assumed!
                    I admit I'm not familiar with pro contract perks!
                    But I just assumed they get a free plane trip, a hotel (nice, but not necessarily fancy!), and a per diem for meals!
                    But never assume!
                    LOL
                    Guaranteed most of the ones we are talking about on this thread S. McLaughlin, M. Norman, R. Benjamin, K. Ellis and if Grant Holloway turns Pro they will get Plane, Hotel and appearance fees, As They Should, They are the Show/Entertainment, Not sure about J. Kerr as he is not on the level of the others mentioned, but he is a young prospect a developing athlete, and he is British so I am sure he will get something from his country's federation.

Comment

I admit I'm not familiar with pro contract perks!...
                      the high-enders (and that's a very high bar) may get perks, but teh average kid who turns pro gets "perks"; this ain't a ball sport.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                        we asked Holloway about the tweet: his partial response

<<It can be on the record, nothing is happening. Outside sources keep saying I’m going pro>>
                        He told his hometown local paper the same thing.
                        https://pilotonline.com/sports/other...106f8154e.html

Holloway laughed at “sources” that said he’ll show up in Iowa in colors other than Florida orange and blue – a sign that he has turned pro.
                        “I’ll be the first to tell you that I’m coming back for another year,” he said.
                        Speculation that he would turn pro is understandable. If Holloway were a football or basketball player, he’d likely be the No. 1 pick in the draft.
                        For now, he’s content to be a kid for one more summer. With no world championship meet this year, he’ll return to Chesapeake for a month, to relax and spend time with his parents and friends.
                        Mike Holloway said Grant told him in April that he’d be back.
                        “If Grant was ready to turn pro, I’d be his biggest supporter,” he said. “I’m happy he’s coming back. He has some lofty goals.”

Comment

Originally posted by doug5321 View Post
                          Not sure about J. Kerr as he is not on the level of the others mentioned, but he is a young prospect a developing athlete, and he is British so I am sure he will get something from his country's federation.
                          Are NCAA athletes able to receive support from their national federations without losing eligibility? I guess cash stipends would be a no-no, but about in-kind benefits like coaching, medical support or training camps paid by the federation?
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I think the NCAA turns a blind eye to what happens with foreign students and their federations.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                              Are NCAA athletes able to receive support from their national federations without losing eligibility?
                              Since 2015 they have.

http://www.sportingnews.com/athletic...u1nyhvs6a2l1g6

Comment

Isaiah Harris listed as a Nike athlete in the 800m final tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X