Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many NCAA underclassman tricksters just went pro?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Maybe they go pro for reasons other than money!
    Maybe these college kids just want free trips to Europe and Asia, to stay in nice hotels, hear all those fancy foreign accents, eat REAL French or Italian or British foods!!
    LOL
    How do you know they all get free trips to Europe and get to stay in fancy hotels. I would be surprised if some of the ones turning pro get that level of financial support

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Maybe these college kids just want free trips to Europe and Asia, to stay in nice hotels, hear all those fancy foreign accents, eat REAL French or Italian or British foods!!
    LOL
    Kerr already has one of them furreigner accents. Why would he need to hear one.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    I think this year is a special case since worlds next year is so late. It would be easier for NCAA athletes (who are at that high of a level) to go pro now and spend the entire year focused solely on getting to an performing in Doha. If they stayed in the NCAA, they would be running and peaking so early in March and June, and for US athletes, they wont have the luxury of USA's being close to NCAA's which would further decrease their chances of even making the team, let alone performing well all the way in October.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Would he have been better off to hold on for another year?
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
    I wonder how much money Josh lost out on by not winning NCAAs.
    Would he have been better off to hold on for another year?

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Kerr signed with Brooks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkLgLmtF...n-by=joshhkerr

Leave a comment:

• Fortius19
    replied
    I wonder how much money Josh lost out on by not winning NCAAs.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Josh Kerr (brief note on home page)

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by Merner521 View Post
    That's pretty good. I don't have a problem with either definition (but I'm in the first two years - under, last two- upper camp)

The terms should at least be mutually exclusive!

Of course, red shirting does mess with this. You can be a 3rd year sophomore, and a 5th year athlete might even be a grad student (which I might take to mean that they have no class at all).
    I tend to separate academics and athletics when it comes to class. Everyone only has a very specific amount of eligibility in the NCAA while you could (in theory) spend years and years finishing your degree.
    Because of that, IMO, it's easy enough to determine if someone is a junior or senior etc atleast eligebility wise in the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• doug5321
    replied
    https://www.flotrack.org/articles/62...es-turning-pro

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
    Am I the only one who is bothered by the word "tricksters" (a person who cheats or deceives people) in the title of this thread? Why would that word be used here?
    Change and "i" to an "a" and things get a bit clearer.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Foster
    replied
    Jasmine Camacho Quinn just announced she is turning pro.

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Probably a typo, wouldn't you guess?
    Typo??? Its possible I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
    Am I the only one who is bothered by the word "tricksters" (a person who cheats or deceives people) in the title of this thread? Why would that word be used here?
    Probably a typo, wouldn't you guess?

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X