Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon coaching shake-up

Surprised there hasn’t been a thread about the Powells leaving for UW. Some thirteen years at Oregon with some great results. Women’s triple crown last year, then a bit of a down year (relatively speaking) this year. Men 6th in XC and scored only 8 points outdoors. They’ve been diversifying the last few years, good sprinters and relays and hurdlers. What will the next few years bring? No home track for a couple of years.... train at South HS? Lane CC? Will some of the athletes follow the Powells to Seattle? I think the distance-mad fans will be looking for the next Pre, Salazar, Chapa, Rupp, Wheating, Centro, Cheserek, and a strong supporting cast.

I think it is only one season, next year, without a track...

The whole sprint emphasis these days is a bit odd and has not gone unnoticed...

Comment

Also wondering if any of their distance guys will transfer since the Powells is one of the pull factor to join oregon.

Comment

Is this a 'shake-up'? They did not have the top job at Oregon and they have that at Washington (call it U Dub, but UW is taken).

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
          Is this a 'shake-up'? They did not have the top job at Oregon and they have that at Washington (call it U Dub, but UW is taken).
          who is USC? or WSU?

Comment

Shake up, departure, change… wasn’t sure what term would be best.

Comment

The Men's team is a mess. They lived off Ches, Jenkins and the rest of the distance guys who all walked away at the same time. I assume they will pull in some transfers to try and bridge the gap. No track is not really enticing.

The Women's team isn't bad. They could stay close but no track makes attracting top talent hard, especially as they've slid backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                ....No track is not really enticing....
                or do they make hay with sun-belt preps by promising a steady diet of on-the-road-in-sunnier-climes meets?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  or do they make hay with sun-belt preps by promising a steady diet of on-the-road-in-sunnier-climes meets?
                  Exactly....Hey Arizona and Arizona State is in our Conference....

Comment

One year without a track, and then THAT track. I do not think that it hurts recruiting one bit; Next year's incoming freshmen & transfers knew, and the next class gets the new track.

Comment

Brodey Hasty----who had signed with UO for the fall---is going to NAU instead!
                      He cited the coaching changes at UO as his main reason, according to a DyeStat article!

Comment

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/24...year-at-oregon

From Kate Murphy interview: Milesplit: "What was the team's reaction to the Powells leaving and getting two new distance coaches (Ben Thomas, formerly of Virginia Tech and Helen Lehman-Winters, formerly of San Francisco)?

KM: "I was shocked, honestly, I had no clue they were leaving. I think the girls were pretty shocked, too. We all were just trying to be supportive of one another, stick-together type mentality. I know some of the girls are transferring and it's gonna be a whole different team next year, but whatever happens, it will all be good for the team and it's a new dynamic every year anyway."

So more unraveling of the Oregon distance program. I guess we'll soon see who is transferring and to where.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                          Brodey Hasty----who had signed with UO for the fall---is going to NAU instead!
                          He cited the coaching changes at UO as his main reason, according to a DyeStat article!
                          Let’s hear it for the three peat!

Comment

Add Katie Rainsberger, Lilli Burdon, Mick Stanovsek, and Tanner Anderson to the list of Ducks transferring because of the coaching changes!!

Comment

Oh dear....and her mother was so excited about the new stadium....

Comment

Working...
                              X