Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Jamaicans better World Junior Record in the same race

https://twitter.com/AthleticsGif/sta...01738930786305

Liu Xiang had the old WJR at 13.12, Nehemiah was 2nd at 13.23, so Jamaica just ran the 1st and 2nd and 5th best WJR time in the hurdles in the same race.

Comment

Were the hurdles 39 or 42 inches?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
        Were the hurdles 39 or 42 inches?
        I am pretty sure they would have been 39" (99cm). This would have been Jamaica's trials for the upcoming World Junior Champs in Finland so would use the same heights and weights as would be used there. Liu Xiang and Nehemiah's times were over 42".
        Last edited by Trickstat; 06-24-2018, 04:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

12.99 is the =WJR at Junior-height hurdles

Comment

I think that RN's mark was on the real hurdles, how about LX's?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
              I think that RN's mark was on the real hurdles, how about LX's?
              Real(42) hurdles in Lausanne 2002

Comment

Damion Thomas went over the 99cm barriers yesterday

Comment

The Junior/U-20 hurdles should never have been lowered. The difference in class between "Liu/Robles" and a 39" performance really isn't comparable.

Comment

apples and oranges

Comment

Originally posted by crymeariver View Post
                      The Junior/U-20 hurdles should never have been lowered. The difference in class between "Liu/Robles" and a 39" performance really isn't comparable.
                      For what it's worth, 0.3 seconds has often seemed to be a reasonable conversion for me. However, it can't really be applied to every athlete. There will be some who can be very nearly as fast over the senior height as the junior while others cannot manage to maintain anything like a fast rhythm with the higher hurdles.

In terms of athlete development, I think there is a lot to be said for allowing the Under 20s to compete over lower hurdles because the full height is a big ask for many growing 17 and 18 year olds, but there will always be some who are very competitive at 39" who never really manage to do so at 42".

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                        For what it's worth, 0.3 seconds has often seemed to be a reasonable conversion for me. However, it can't really be applied to every athlete. There will be some who can be very nearly as fast over the senior height as the junior while others cannot manage to maintain anything like a fast rhythm with the higher hurdles.

In terms of athlete development, I think there is a lot to be said for allowing the Under 20s to compete over lower hurdles because the full height is a big ask for many growing 17 and 18 year olds, but there will always be some who are very competitive at 39" who never really manage to do so at 42".
                        I agree.

Comment

We'll see how they do at Tampere. Interesting that these two guys pushed Dejour Russell off the team.

Overall, results not that impressive at least compared to All-High or Cariftas.

Comment

Originally posted by crymeariver View Post
                            The Junior/U-20 hurdles should never have been lowered.
                            The very elite U20 athletes like Liu and Nehemiah may have had no problem running over senior hurdles, but that's true of a very small subset of men who compete in the event.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Any link results for these championships?

Comment

Working...
                              X