Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris DL 2018 [Samba 46.98 WL]

Perusing the Start Lists I'm liking

m200 - Rai B vs. M Norman. Ha! Looks like a USC bet being settled on neutral ground.

wTJ - Tori pulled farther by Ibarg?
    mPV - LaV vs. Kend vs. Mondo in this continuing battle for W1.
    m400H - McMasters - Samba - Warholm. Arrrggghhh, why couldn't RaiB do THIS race??!!
    w3St - only missing Coburn
    mDT - Lots of big guns. Who's left standing?
    m1500 - meh, I'm rooting for the rabbit!
    110H - another shootout for big guns. Shub to assume mantle of W1?
    w400 - oooo - Naser vs. Wimbley, Francis and Beard too
    m800 - see m1500
    w200 - I wanna see what Prand can put up against TaLou
    w800 - ooooo, stacked, but Sem too much? AjeƩ AR?
    m100 - Lots to like with Baker and Blake and Simbine and Vicaut, among others
    Last edited by gh; 06-30-2018, 06:19 PM.

Most anticipated in Women: 400.
    Most loaded in Men: Discus and Pole Vault.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      wTJ - Tori pulled farther by Ibarg?
      Rojas is here, so lets not just hand Ibarguen the win yet.

Comment

I should be more excited about the W800 - 5 finalists from WC - but it's like watching the same movie on a continuous loop hoping for a new ending.

W400 looks like fun.

M100 looks like a tough OG QF. The shine is off this event when Ronnie Baker is a highlighted entry - not hating.
        Last edited by booond; 06-26-2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Ibarguen recently broke her own National Record in the Long Jump!!
          Didn't realize she was that good in the LJ---22-6.50!!

BTW, would this make her the best OUTdoor Combined LJ-TJ woman (22-6.50 & 50-3 = 72-9.50!!
          Is anyone better?

ADD: Oops! Forgot Kravets!
          24-2.25 + 50-10.25 = 75-0.50!!

Probably others!

Comment

It's a crime that Benjamin is not running the 400mh.

Comment

I am excited to see Prandini in this race. Before USATF, I was worried that she was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                It's a crime that Benjamin is not running the 400mh.
                You would think the meet managers would have been pushing for this. 400H has finally become a must watch event again with 3 great runners.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                  You would think the meet managers would have been pushing for this. 400H has finally become a must watch event again with 3 great runners.
                  Assuming you left out McMaster, I think he's a great spoiler in this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                    I'm willing to bet Benjamin pushed to be able to run a 200 with his training partner here. And considering how infrequently Pros do "off" events in the second half of their seasons, this may be one of the last 200's we see from him when he is at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      I'm willing to bet Benjamin pushed to be able to run a 200 with his training partner here. And considering how infrequently Pros do "off" events in the second half of their seasons, this may be one of the last 200's we see from him when he is at his best.
                      I look forward to this race. Benjamin may also look forward to a race where he can "have fun."

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                        I should be more excited about the W800 - 5 finalists from WC - but it's like watching the same movie on a continuous loop hoping for a new ending.

We almost had one at Monaco last year, when Roesler rabbited them out in 55.3 and Semenya just held off Niyonsaba and Wilson. If there's a formula to ever beating Semenya in the 800 it seems to be a blazing fast first lap, hopefully blunting Semenya's finishing speed. It'll never happen off a 57 or 58 open.

It may be moot after this year anyway, but Wilson should at least try this tactic more regularly if she ever wants half a chance at a global gold against a "natural" Semenya.
                        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                          We almost had one at Monaco last year, when Roesler rabbited them out in 55.3 and Semenya just held off Niyonsaba and Wilson. If there's a formula to ever beating Semenya in the 800 it seems to be a blazing fast first lap, hopefully blunting Semenya's finishing speed. It'll never happen off a 57 or 58 open.

It may be moot after this year anyway, but Wilson should at least try this tactic more regularly if she ever wants half a chance at a global gold against a "natural" Semenya.
                          I agree that the tactics she's using aren't going to succeed against Semenya. Not sure if going out at 56 will do anything but assure another loss but it's worth an effort this year.

Comment

Am I wrong here: I thought R. Benj was not going to run internationally for ANT because it would complicate his being allowed to run for USA next year or thereafter?

Comment

I think the DL and other meets just use an athletes most recent country of representation to list their name. But the athletes do represent their country they represent their sponsor.

Comment

Working...
                              X