Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben True.

I'm wondering why Ben True wasn't in the USATF 5000m race...anyone know?

I always love to see him in the mix as he is one of the USA's top distance runners.

I guessing there'e an injury...as I can't think any any other logical or likely reason he wouldn't be competing lately and especially in the nationals and then to Europe.

He ran the 2 mile at Pre, 5km at Stockholm (10 June) and 3km at Ostrava (13 June), which seems to be the most recent competition.

I don't know about the USATF meet, other than the general observation we all know about some top athletes opting out. As for meets on the DL or IWC calendar, the only meets since 13 June have been Madrid and Paris, and neither had a flat distance race for men that was longer than 1500m.

Maybe he will be on the start lists for something coming up soon, e.g. Lausanne.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
      He ran the 2 mile at Pre, 5km at Stockholm (10 June) and 3km at Ostrava (13 June), which seems to be the most recent competition.

I don't know about the USATF meet, other than the general observation we all know about some top athletes opting out. As for meets on the DL or IWC calendar, the only meets since 13 June have been Madrid and Paris, and neither had a flat distance race for men that was longer than 1500m.

Maybe he will be on the start lists for something coming up soon, e.g. Lausanne.
      Thanks, Master Po, for the update re: True's outdoor season so far. And your conclusions make perfect sense. And I hope Lausanne or other European meets will find him still competing this summer.

Comment

I just noticed on the IAAF site a brief preview of the Lausanne 5km, in which some of the expected participants were mentioned -- no mention of Ben True. But that's not a start list, which I assume will be up sometime today or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
          I just noticed on the IAAF site a brief preview of the Lausanne 5km, in which some of the expected participants were mentioned -- no mention of Ben True. But that's not a start list, which I assume will be up sometime today or tomorrow.
          Lausanne entry lists are here:

https://lausanne.diamondleague.com/e...ults-lausanne/

True is not entered.

Comment

I'm thinking True is heading for the roads more than the track from here on out. After a 13:02.74 in 2014 he had a bit of breakthrough year in 2015, making the team for Beijing, but not making the team for Rio in '16 nor London for '17 might be telling him he has maxed out what he might do on the oval. Turns 33 this December.

Comment

Ben tweeted his opinion on the "Clean Sport" group---saying it's basically a joke (paraphrased!).
              I tweeted him back, saying I agreed.
              Then I asked if he knew about this thread, telling him a bit about it!

He just replied---

Oh yeah?
              No, I stay away from Message Boards, but I'm still racing!
              I was at my sister's wedding that weekend (USATF).
              Family first!

Comment

aaronk -- Thanks for finding this out and sharing it.

Comment

Yes, and I totally agree that family is first!

Comment

Working...
                  X