Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
    Worlds in Doha will be superb next year. Track is very fast (look at the times which are usually run in early May, in the sprints are often close to the world's fastest times) and with that new air-conditioning system that will make the temperature remain in the 24-26 degrees (celsius) range.. the WR could go down with these guys in peak shape. And we are probabily going to see 9.7s and 10.7s in the sprints or a 19.3 by Lyles or other exciting results.
    Different stadium from the Diamond League stadium of the past few years.

Comment

• And in the 100, the AC will more likely make them slower, not faster.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by bhall View Post
        Rai Benjamin can now compete for the United States.
        So wishing hard enough DOES work?! Yay!

OK now I'm sending out all my mental energy to Mondo.
        All is forgiven, Mondo, come home to the Bayoux that spawned you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          So wishing hard enough DOES work?! Yay!

OK now I'm sending out all my mental energy to Mondo.
          All is forgiven, Mondo, come home to the Bayoux that spawned you!
          Correlation is not causality...

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            Correlation is not causality...
            But sometimes there is - that's all I need!

Comment

• I'm not a global citizen but there should be some mechanism for nationless athletes (through circumstances beyond their control) to compete .

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post
                I'm not a global citizen but there should be some mechanism for nationless athletes (through circumstances beyond their control) to compete .
                Isn't that what the Authorized Neutral Athlete designation is for?

Comment

I'm not a global citizen but there should be some mechanism for nationless athletes (through circumstances beyond their control) to compete .
                  As 18.99 said, there is the ANA. Also I think there are procedures in place for strange circumstances. I think back to 2010/2011 when the Netherlands Antellies "dissolved" yet athletes were not left without the ability to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                    Isn't that what the Authorized Neutral Athlete designation is for?
                    no, that's for people whose federation has been banned.

not to be confused with the refugeee team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refuge...ummer_Olympics

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      no, that's for people whose federation has been banned.

not to be confused with the refugeee team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refuge...ummer_Olympics
                      Don't forget the independents:

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        I think there are procedures in place for strange circumstances. I think back to 2010/2011 when the Netherlands Antellies "dissolved" yet athletes were not left without the ability to compete.
                        IIRC, those athletes were able to compete for the Netherlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                          IIRC, those athletes were able to compete for the Netherlands.
                          Yup, it was just a political change, and there is a provision in the rules for those situations. It's just like a country splitting in two, or two countries unifying into one - the athletes are immediately able to compete for new countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
                            Yup, it was just a political change, and there is a provision in the rules for those situations. It's just like a country splitting in two, or two countries unifying into one - the athletes are immediately able to compete for new countries.
                            I would think that countries splitting in two might be a bit more complicated, since one of the new countries would not immediately have a recognized National Olympic Committee or Athletics Federation.

Comment

• True, a new country has to apply for membership, but AFAIK that's not a lengthy process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
                                True, a new country has to apply for membership, but AFAIK that's not a lengthy process.
                                I remember in 1993 only really registering that Slovakia had split from the Czech Republic when they competed separately at that year's World Champs.The IAAF seem to be quicker for this sort of thing than the IOC and FIFA.

Comment

Working...
                                X