Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uakari
    replied
    not track, but chusovitina just won a silver medal in gymnastics (vault) at the asian games representing uzbekistan. she has previously represented the soviet union, unified team, germany, and uzbek. at least twice. it’s incredible where her career has taken her, and at 43, she is aiming for her 8th olympics in 2020!!!!!! she represented germany not for money or anything like that, but because germany saved her son’s life when he had cancer, and the family lived there anyway so why not.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Here's another double switch:

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...mpson-in-95-WC

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    There was also Tatiana Polnova, who returned to Russia after representing Turkey for a while (under the moniker Tuna Kostem).

Leave a comment:

• andyjgt
    replied
    One weird case I remember was the Syrian hurdler Ziad Abou Hamed, who switched to Australia in 1996, but when he was not selected for his home OG in Sydney in 2000, ran for Syria there instead.

In weightlifting, Romanian Nicu Vlad, Commonwealth champ for Australia in 1994, returned to his native country in 1996 and competed for them at the same 2000 OG. And we have the case of Viktor Chistyakov, WJC for Russia in 1994, who returned to representing Russia from Australia after divorcing Tatiana Grigorieva (also Russian but who learnt to PV in Oz!) and returning to his home country.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Of course the worse case of change in allegiance was Zola Budd suddenly running for Britain in 1984...ugh...

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    I found a number of the postings in this thread to be useless drival compared to what I thought that I would find. Attacks, etc. just should not be done.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I demur.. don't always agree but would not characterize a dumb..politics aside

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    equally offensive with uakari's response.
    Not to mention that I think we can all agree that it is I
    who invariably posts the dumbest things on this board!!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by crymeariver View Post
    Wow! That's impressive. In your previous post you wrote, "... you just posted one of the dumbest posts ever in the history of these boards" and then did your endeavored best to top the "offending" post. And, you succeeded. Take a bow.
    equally offensive with uakari's response.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by uakari View Post
    and you should take a bow for being the densest poster around.
    and that kind of post will get you a free ticket to the exit right quick.

Leave a comment:

• crymeariver
    replied
    Well, I'm not sure of my Atomic weight, but I could stand to lose a few pounds.

By the way, you failed to top yourself this time, so I guess it's progress. Give yourself a hand.

Leave a comment:

• uakari
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crymeariver
    replied
    nobody gives a rat's ass what the papers they give them say. that's not the point.
    Wow! That's impressive. In your previous post you wrote, "... you just posted one of the dumbest posts ever in the history of these boards" and then did your endeavored best to top the "offending" post. And, you succeeded. Take a bow.

Leave a comment:

• uakari
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego View Post
    Welcome back .
    thank you, sir.

Leave a comment:

• uakari
    replied
    Originally posted by crymeariver View Post
    Question: if Qatar and Bahrain gave the athletes FULL and PERMANENT Qatari and Bahraini citizenship with their passports would it change your views any?
    nobody gives a rat's ass what the papers they give them say. that's not the point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X