X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

Thinking about this further, if he is now a USA citizen, I first thought that perhaps no Transfer of Allegiance action by WA was required, but it turns out that he represented Kenya in international competition at the 2015 African Junior Championships, which I think would trigger the WA Nationality Review Panel.
    I've now seen a letter from the Nationality Review Panel; they approved him as of 02 June

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Davonte Burnett (10.05 / 20.29 sprinter for USC) announced his intention to represent Jamaica and compete in the Jamaican trials.

He has the US flag on his World Athletics profile (https://worldathletics.org/athletes/...rnett-14716704), but I couldn't find any indication that he ever represented the US in international competition.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    rumor has it that 1:46.19 Kenyan Jonah Koech is now American.
    Thinking about this further, if he is now a USA citizen, I first thought that perhaps no Transfer of Allegiance action by WA was required, but it turns out that he represented Kenya in international competition at the 2015 African Junior Championships, which I think would trigger the WA Nationality Review Panel.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    The latest list at the WA site does not include this one, but does include Yekaterina Guliyev to Turkey and Mativei (Matthew) Volkov to Belarus, decisions affirmed on 18May21 with immediate effect.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Kazakhstan is trying to become a force in distance running! They have a transfer of 4 Kenyan women in the works, 2 of them top runners (Norah Jeruto & Caroline Chepkoech Kipkirui) and 2 of them lesser lights, steeplers IIRC.

If you check their WA profiles you'll see they've been running races in Kazakhstan for the last 3 or 4 years.
    Do huge sums of money change hands for this type of charade?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Kazakhstan is trying to become a force in distance running! They have a transfer of 4 Kenyan women in the works,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j9QeUoPOi4

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Kazakhstan is trying to become a force in distance running! They have a transfer of 4 Kenyan women in the works, 2 of them top runners (Norah Jeruto & Caroline Chepkoech Kipkirui) and 2 of them lesser lights, steeplers IIRC.

If you check their WA profiles you'll see they've been running races in Kazakhstan for the last 3 or 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• Pakilo
    replied
    Any significant transfers recently?

One that I know of: Yekaterina Guliyeva (known as Poistogova) switched to Turkey. She is now married to Ramil Guliyev.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    That was Zelezny's first WR, 87.66 from 1987.

Re Sedykh, his WR might have been initially recognized as the Russian NR, but it no longer is. It's now listed as the Ukrainian record only, while the Russian mark is Litvinov's 86.04.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    I think both countries declared Jan Zelezny as their JT record holder for one.
    Correct. Železný is a Czech that spent his pre-1993 career in a Slovak military club Dukla Banská Bystrica. If memory serves, they use a ~87m throw as a Slovak record.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego View Post
    Unrelated to the thread's subject matter, but the split created a lot of havoc in assigning the new countries' national records.
    I think both countries declared Jan Zelezny as their JT record holder for one.

Leave a comment:

• andyjgt
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post
    It was the same thing with the ex-Soviet and ex-Yugoslav countries. As long as they were single countries, people were moving around and they couldn't always be assigned unequivocally to any one part. I believe there were cases where one mark ended up being recognized as the national record of more than one country.
    Yuriy Sedykh’S HT WR being the most important example (both RUS and UKR record).

The Czechoslovak w4x4 record from the 1983 WC apparently stands as a Czech NR even though one of the runners (Moravcikova) was/is Slovak. The Yugoslav sub-3 m4x4 at the 1991 WC stands as a Serbian record even though Macev is Macedonian.

On a different note, Slobodanka Colovic’s YUG 800 records from 1987 are Croatian records even though while she lived in Croatia, she was actually a Serb, but they are not Serbian records.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    It was the same thing with the ex-Soviet and ex-Yugoslav countries. As long as they were single countries, people were moving around and they couldn't always be assigned unequivocally to any one part. I believe there were cases where one mark ended up being recognized as the national record of more than one country.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat
    Slovakia had split from the Czech Republic
    Unrelated to the thread's subject matter, but the split created a lot of havoc in assigning the new countries' national records.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X