Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, or was the name of the meet unfortunate? Jump-off has a very specific meaning in the T&F context.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
      Is it just me, or was the name of the meet unfortunate? Jump-off has a very specific meaning in the T&F context.
      Well, if you want to attract a young hip crowd to a street festival-style event, the name would probably get high marks from event marketers.
      Some people may show up hoping for bungee or base jumping off the bridge itself. I doubt anyone would stay away thinking it was just a tie-breaking mechanism that will be over in short order.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        For the same reason the ATFS annual carries 'exhibition' (town square) marks. I assume there are reasons; I just don't know what they are.
        Originally posted by gh View Post
        who cares what the ATFS does?
        Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        A. Blasphemy! I thought they were T&FN's model.
        B. How about the IAAF? They are not carrying it (yet?).
        C. There are plenty of marks that haven't been recognized for 'irregularities' at exhibition vaults. Last year's "Vault in the Ville", a Louisville street vault was such a case. The USATF/FAST Annual lists it as 'irregular', i.e., not in the main list.
        A. Although there is certainly masthead overlap during its 70 year history (think Potts-Quercetani), I think there are many instances where T&FN lists have differed from ATFS. And while the retort from gh seems shocking, it is probably true that ATFS is less important today as arbiter of current year lists and is more useful in the research being conducted to fill in the gaps of early T&F history.

C. I’m sure at some point Becca (FAST PV list compiler) will comment on any street vault irregularities or exhibitions that create statistical issues.

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
          A. Although there is certainly masthead overlap during its 70 year history (think Potts-Quercetani),
          Zackly. If St. RobertoQ says it, it's gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
            No, everyone uses confusing names these days, so that makes it a wise decision.

Comment

I am particularly interested to know the exact details on whatever surveying was done on this runway, concerns have been raised to me by others.

Visually, it is more built up in the back than the front. But if the street itself is slightly uphill, that would be necessary to make the runway level.

There is a lot of bad information floating around the pole vault community about legal runway surveys.

At this point it's really in USATF's hands, they need to tell the IAAF whether or not to accept the mark. I have expressed my concerns to the powers that be.

I believe it affects selection for the Continental Cup, it's more of an issue beyond the self esteem boost of being called the world leader.

Comment

I have been told that the IAAF looked at the runway survey and such and is accepting the marks.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                  There is a lot of bad information floating around the pole vault community about legal runway surveys.
                  Which is why I raised the question to begin with. But good to hear the IAAF OKed it. Does T&FN really not care about venue certification?

Comment

IAAF still does not have mark on its World Lists.

Comment

Working...
                    X