Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletics Prediction Contests EC Berlin 2018 - atstat.org - are open

The Athtletics Prediction Contests for the European Athletics Championships in Berlin 2018 are open for your picks.

Take a look at https://www.atstat.org/contest/

Lots of fun with your preparation and good luck with your picks to gain eternal fame.

Originally posted by RvW View Post
    The Athtletics Prediction Contests for the European Athletics Championships in Berlin 2018 are open for your picks.
    Take a look at https://www.atstat.org/contest/
    Lots of fun with your preparation and good luck with your picks to gain eternal fame.
    Thanks Ronald, you da man!
    I (PatC on your rosters) love your contests and will always enter the WC/OG, but the ECs take a different brand of background. One that would take a loooog time for a pure-bred USAian to master (Donley is the exception, plus Walsh and Murray). My money's on the Euro-peeps who come on this board . . . or at least lurk regularly.
    Anyone (especially the lurkers) want to out themselves here with some predictions? I know Powell has some mad skillz.
    Last edited by Atticus; 08-01-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

I did it, but I picked quite a few names out of the hat. Thank you, Ronald.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Thanks Ronald! Your contest is the best in the world. And you run it like a champion. The European Championships is always the most difficult meet for me to predict during the four year cycle. I will be flipping euros in the air to decide some of these events. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I know Powell has some mad skillz.
          I wish that were true, but I haven't actually been doing that well in the recent contests.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
            I wish that were true, but I haven't actually been doing that well in the recent contests.
            Ronald has interesting stats about contestants. You have been in 12 contests and average 68th (out of 400-500). That ain't bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Ronald has interesting stats about contestants. You have been in 12 contests and average 68th (out of 400-500). That ain't bad!
              I can't find it. Teach me.
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
                I can't find it. Teach me.
                "All time" at the top right, but it takes a while to load.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                  "All time" at the top right, but it takes a while to load.
                  Thanks. I just was not patient enough .
                  by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
                    Thanks. I just was not patient enough .
                    I instantly hate this Glenn Rosendahl guy who's beating me with a piddlin' 5 contests! He needs to be DQed for lack of participation!

Comment

I counted 13 members of this message board and/or T&FN league of IAAF DL fantasy among the top 100. I might have missed some.
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I'm down at #87, and have been sliding down year-on-year since my high water mark of 2nd in 2007. I was in Copenhagen that year, and am back again right now, so expect a much improved performance (although like Atticus I struggle in the European versions).

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
                          I'm down at #87, and have been sliding down year-on-year since my high water mark of 2nd in 2007. I was in Copenhagen that year, and am back again right now, so expect a much improved performance (although like Atticus I struggle in the European versions).
                          After this post I did a re-count. It is 15. Just as not recognizing AS's name before, there could be a few more, whom I only recognize by their moniker, while their listing is by their regular names.
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Boy this is a difficult contest. Europeans are not well represented in top lists for most events, other than the throws. The IAAF site does have Europe only lists, which helps, but it just shows how Europe is not the Europe of B.A. ....Before Africans.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                              Boy this is a difficult contest. Europeans are not well represented in top lists for most events, other than the throws. The IAAF site does have Europe only lists, which helps, but it just shows how Europe is not the Europe of B.A. ....Before Africans.
                              Ha! Wait until you get to the women’s 400, men’s long jump, both marathon’s, and all four walks! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X