Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efraimson Fan

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
    Good mile for Marta Pen Freitas (POR). Her 1500 best is 4:03.99 (converted equiv 4:23.50), so this 4:22.45 is a very good mark -- her best among all her mile/1500s.

Also Efraimson's 4:24.82 PB (= 4:05.20), compared to her best 1500s, is a solid mark. She has run two better - 4:03.39 (2014) and 4:04.75 (2017), I think.
    It was cool to see the young German phenom and Alexa finally match up! Alexa looked like she had her beat until the last couple meters. Great race!

Comment

Very good races for Colleen Q and Alexa E, happy to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
        Good mile for Marta Pen Freitas (POR). Her 1500 best is 4:03.99 (converted equiv 4:23.50), so this 4:22.45 is a very good mark -- her best among all her mile/1500s.
        I remember the 2016 showdown at the NCAAs between her and Elise Cranny, which Pen Freitas won by less than 0.01s in 4:09-something, a PR for both at the time. But 2 years later, Cranny still hasn't broken 4:09.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
          I remember the 2016 showdown at the NCAAs between her and Elise Cranny, which Pen Freitas won by less than 0.01s in 4:09-something, a PR for both at the time. But 2 years later, Cranny still hasn't broken 4:09.
          Nor had pen Freitas at the end of her outdoor eligibility for NCAA competition.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
            Nor had pen Freitas at the end of her outdoor eligibility for NCAA competition.
            But she improved to 4:06 less than a month after her final NCAA season in 2016, which Cranny hasn't done in the 2+ months since this year's NCAA outdoor season ended.

To be fair, she's had to deal with the academic workload of the last 2 years of a degree at an elite university, whereas MPF could dedicate herself fully to training as a pro.

In this short interview, she said she's going back to Stanford in the fall to take a few classes and run cross country, even though she already graduated in June.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UKg4ITOnbQ

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
              The men's discus featured the farewell appearance for Robert Harting. As might be expected, the Berlin crowd made it very special for the retiring 2012 OG Champ (and three-time World Champ). He took 2nd behind his brother.
              This was the highlight of the meet for me. I've never seen anything like it. I'm so glad to be able to see this meet on TV. And for R. Harting to throw 64.95 for his last ever competition throw, to build upon his 63.50m throw, leapfrog into 2nd and only just losing to his brother was awesome!!

Comment

Working...
              X