Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doha Drops the Ball

After an email yesterday indicating ticket sales would commence at 4PM Doha time...or 5AM on the Left Coast this morning, I set the alarm only to find that no tickets were on sale at the appointed time. Hope this isn't a symbol of things to come. Would appreciate knowing if anyone has had any luck purchasing individual tickets. The last time this was done correctly, as I recall, was Berlin, 2009!

Jut browsing through the site, seems that there are tickets for sale for every day. I didn't purchase any, but was able to add tickets to my basket and go all the way to check out if I wanted to.

Comment

After about 30 minutes, I was directed to a page to buy tickets. Despite advising two CC companies of my intentions to make overseas charges, I was declined several times. In each case, it was necessary to re-enter ticket requests day by day for all 10 days. No season tickets were offered. Took nearly two hours from start to finish, including second calls to the CC companies. Oddly, I was allowed to choose seats, but when my etickets arrived, they simply listed the section and "open seating", despite "allocated seating" shown on the website. That's no problem. I sit high and I'd imagine the locals will want to be right on the track. Prices were extremely reasonable, with finish line tickets at roughly $80 USD/day and backstretch tix at only around $16!
      bruce3404
      Last edited by bruce3404; 11-11-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
        ... I sit high and I'd imagine the locals will want to be right on the track...!
        the locals, what few of them there are, will want to be somewhere else (other than the stadium)

Comment

Haha! Yeah, you're probably right, gh. While I know that the press will occupy many seats, I noticed that most of the homestretch was grayed out, with maybe 500 finish line seats of which 300 were sold out the minute tickets went on sale. Perhaps they were allocated for IAAF or various tours?

EDIT: My etickets were re-issued and now show specific seats; essentially the last 5 rows of the 22 row finish line section are empty, but all the lower tickets are gone.
          bruce3404
          Last edited by bruce3404; 11-11-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Local track fans in Doha? It has to be to the unTrackTown....

Comment

Well, at least they have Barshim as a locally born hero. And Diack was surely happy with the "generosity" of the local non track fans.

Comment

I wouldn't go if you paid me
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                  Well, at least they have Barshim as a locally born hero. And Diack was surely happy with the "generosity" of the local non track fans.
                  Barshim the Pre of Doha...maybe he'll get a Rock named after him too...

Comment

Are ticket sales run by the local organizing committee or by the IAAF?

Comment

I believe ticket sales are normally handled by the organizing committee.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy View Post
                        I wouldn't go if you paid me
                        A Lot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                          I believe ticket sales are normally handled by the organizing committee.
                          Good. Some comfort for 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                            Good. Some comfort for 2021.
                            You hope...

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                              Are ticket sales run by the local organizing committee or by the IAAF?
                              I believe it was the local organizers, if only because pricing was in Qatari rials. I like that etickets are available, thus eliminating having to trot around picking up tickets. OTOH, an eticket doesn’t make for much of a souvenir
                              bruce3404
                              Last edited by bruce3404; 11-12-2018, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X