Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post
    AS is supposed to be on AUS distance reporting duty,
    AA would have to actually publicise the event was happening... But that is clearly beneath them...

Comment

• Originally posted by AS View Post
      AA would have to actually publicise the event was happening... But that is clearly beneath them...
      They were good for a while but lately they seem to have reverted to "you'll know if you need to know, but if you just want to know, you won't".

Comment

• Originally posted by AS View Post
        Yup. With the pre-Christmas 'rush', I clean forgot about the event - like AA did apparently. I even checked FB to see if I'd missed something, but could only see a post from Oceania Athletics Association after the event. Nothing from AA before.

Oh - for the good ol' Stephen Lock days, well before social media, when AA media provided useful information for athlete, coach and fans.
        Last edited by Vault-emort; 12-17-2019, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• I got my Zatopek info from AA...being 10,000 miles away I figured that'd be the place to go...I tried to get info from your newspapers but nothing came up...as a distance fan (track only) I was looking forward to it.

Comment

• The Stawell Gift is in a bit of trouble - well, more than usual.

Just give us money, not accountability!

Comment

• A fascinating story about the mystery marathon runner Adrienne Beames:

ETA - actually since I think Garry likes things in the appropriate place, I will create a thread in 'historical'.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post
                I went out there today to enjoy the bushfire smoke haze and see where the track is at.
                Same again today.

The track is now fully marked, although the white lines seem to have a yellowish tinge and smell of burnt eucalypt for some reason...

Air Quality Index on this side of town yesterday exceeded 1000 yesterday so you wouldn't want to be using the facility anyway. Let's hope AIS athletes are indoors in a filtered environment.

Still, today we're only as bad as Kolkata and three times as bad as Beijing. Hoping to get back to our usual 15 AQI some time around Easter.

Comment

• In case anybody has no idea why smoke/air quality is being mentioned, here is an interactive map of the area burnt to date in Australia's bushfire season.

Unfortunately, the overlay square can't be redimensioned to match your local geography, but you can centre it on any city in the world using the search function so a judicious choice will help.

At time of posting, the area burnt was 3.1 million hectares and we still have at least three months to go.

For comparison, the amount burnt in the 2019 California fires was 102,472 hectares (253,214 acres)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
                    Haha - I am glad to not have to chop wood for a few months yet.

A few reasonable results from the All-Schools in Perth over the weekend, thought nothing truly outstanding and the wind being painful.

I hope it doesn't signify anything that Sasha Zhoya didn't enter.
                    Zhoya is a notable absentee from AA's latest athlete funding list too, which probably doesn't bode well.

https://www.athletics.com.au/high-pe.../nass-hp/#able

Comment

• Originally posted by typpo View Post
                      Zhoya is a notable absentee from AA's latest athlete funding list too, which probably doesn't bode well.

On the positive side of that list, no commentator will be able to say "Jess Trengrove" ever again

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

On the positive side of that list, no commentator will be able to say "Jess Trengrove" ever again
                        Apart from you just doing it, you mean?

Anyway, she might yet give them an opportunity to "r"s it up.
                        Jess Trengove aims for Tokyo

Comment

• The 2020 thread is right here.

Comment

Working...
                          X