• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    trackCanuck

• trackCanuck
    replied
    Originally posted by mal View Post
    We could paint stripes on her back. and / or add a horn to her forehead.

Come on, the last thing it should become is a circus act
    I thought it was funny because she'd be cheating the IAAF at their game, so to speak, with 399 and 1610.

Leave a comment:

• mal

• mal
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Why not? I am on Fortius side. It would probably attract big media interest and therefore be a good money spinner.
    We could paint stripes on her back. and / or add a horn to her forehead.

Come on, the last thing it should become is a circus act

Leave a comment:

• trackCanuck

• trackCanuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post

What would be even funnier is if she arranged a 1610m race and/or a 399m race.
    That would be funny.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki

• Tuariki
    replied
    Why not? I am on Fortius side. It would probably attract big media interest and therefore be a good money spinner.

Leave a comment:

• LNO

• LNO
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
    I posted awhile back Semenya should do a 2000m and a 300m race, just because she could.

I wouldn't laugh

Leave a comment:

• Fortius19

• Fortius19
    replied
    I posted awhile back Semenya should do a 2000m and a 300m race, just because she could.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s

• 18.99s
    replied
    Semenya is scheduled for a 2000m on June 11 in France (a non-Diamond League meet).

Leave a comment:

• moreover

• moreover
    replied
    I think Niyonsaba and Wambui have better builds for distance than Semenya and should try it. Less upper body musculature. Of course, Semenya could get slenderer. Niyonsaba is built a lot like Bekele.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    I suspect she's too heavy for longer distances. At 141 (64kg) last year, she was heavier than all but one of the 5000 rankers.... men's 5000 rankers that is.
    Maybe... but isn't she taller than most of the 5000 rankers?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    Administrator

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    I predict Semenya will dominate women at any distance.
    I suspect she's too heavy for longer distances. At 141 (64kg) last year, she was heavier than all but one of the 5000 rankers.... men's 5000 rankers that is.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf

• lonewolf
    replied
    I predict Semenya will dominate women at any distance.

Leave a comment:

• trackCanuck

• trackCanuck
    replied
    Semenya was out sprinted by 3.1 seconds by Houlihan in Lausanne last year. That's a lot.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post
    Of course races of this kind can and do happen in major championship finals, but not in DL meets with pacemakers.
    And with Semenya in the race, every runner has less incentive to sit & kick. For that reason, I like having Semenya in a longer race. She will force honest pace from other runners.

Leave a comment:

• bobguild76

• bobguild76
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    Matt Centrowicz would like to have a word with you.
    But I don't think CS has the ability to shift gears like Centrowicz did in a furious final sprint. She reminds me of Alberto Juantorena in her ability to simply put the hammer down and pound everyone else into submission. That ability does not necessarily translate into the ability to sit on a slow pace and then go with the Obiri's with 200 or 400 to go.

But who knows, she might have that in her arsenal also. We shall soon find out.

Leave a comment:

• Master Po

• Master Po
    replied
    Agree with Gabriella & Powell. Moreover, looking at Ayana's approach to racing in 2015-2017, she has shown no interest in slower-paced 'sit & kick' tactics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X