Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Formchart

I see the final men's chart is out now and while I agree with almost all of it, I'll stick my neck out far enough to say that

Holloway (picked 4th) wins the LJ - for one reason only: Florida needs every point it can get, and Holloway has the talent to make this happen.

and

Otterdahl (2nd in DT) completes the double.

If this doesn't happen, in a monotone voice, repeat these words:
    "These aren't the results we're looking for."

I assume the women's form chart will be up soon. The last one had Fiona O'Keeffe winning the 5000, and while I would love to see that (she is from Davis HS, 15 miles south of where I live), I can't understand the reasoning behind picking her to win. She was beaten in the Pac 12 by Dani Jones, and by Allie O in the West regionals. Last year, she didn't make the finals, and she had only improved her PB by 12 seconds since she finished 5th in 2017. She knocked another 3 seconds off last Saturday. Jones is not doubling, just the 5, but Allie O and Weini Kelati are. The SC semis are Thursday at 19:32, the 10,000 final at 21:38. The SC final is Saturday at 17:54 and the 5000 final at 19:25, so Allie O is going to not only have two steeple races in her legs, but will have only an hour and a half to rest before the 5. Jones will be fresh, and won the Pac 12 1500/5000 double in 2017 and the NCAA CC last year.

I'll be pulling for Fiona, but I wouldn't pick her to win.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Comment

Big loss for the Trojan women would be Kaelin Roberts. Indoor 400m champion and coming back from injury (or injuries). Did not start in the West Regional 400m and wasn't on the 4x400m relay as well. As I understand, she will not be running on the long relay at the Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I see the final men's chart is out now and while I agree with almost all of it, I'll stick my neck out far enough to say that

Holloway (picked 4th) wins the LJ - for one reason only: Florida needs every point it can get, and Holloway has the talent to make this happen.

and

Otterdahl (2nd in DT) completes the double.

If this doesn't happen, in a monotone voice, repeat these words:
        "These aren't the results we're looking for."

Holloway cant beat the LSU boys...........:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by cajun5150 View Post
          Holloway cant beat the LSU boys...........:roll:
          Maybe not, but we shall see what we shall see!
          I've learned to never listen to my biases in the prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
            I assume the women's form chart will be up soon. The last one had Fiona O'Keeffe winning the 5000, and while I would love to see that (she is from Davis HS, 15 miles south of where I live), I can't understand the reasoning behind picking her to win
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            https://trackandfieldnews.com/2019-n...over-arkansas/

Looks like they forgot to update the 5000! Fiona O'Keefe still #1 and Weini Kelati only #3?!

Also, I don't understand how Millie Paladino can be left off the top 10 for the 1500. I'd have her in the Top 4 or 5.
            Last edited by LuckySpikes; 05-29-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
              https://trackandfieldnews.com/2019-n...over-arkansas/

Looks like they forgot to update the 5000! Fiona O'Keefe still #1 and Weini Kelati only #3?!
              Kelati and Allie O will be doubling back, but Dani Jones, who beat Fiona in the Pac 12, will not. But, hey, it could happen! Go, Blue Devil!
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank
              Woodland, CA (15 miles north of Davis, where O'Keeffe and her little sister Olivia went to HS)

Comment

I see that on the women's side some favorites that I can quibble with.

100 - Richardson over Terry
                400 - Barnett > Campbell
                800 - Fray > Rivers
                1500 - Johnson > Hull
                5000 - Kelati > O'Keefe
                400H - McKenzie > Cockrell
                4x4 - S Car > Oregon
                LJ - Whisby > David (both were 'off' at Regionals)
                HT - Wilson > Rogers

But, then again, I could be FoS.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Maybe not, but we shall see what we shall see!
                  I've learned to never listen to my biases in the prediction game.
                  You are my sensai, I can never see my biases only those of others .

Comment

Long Break; this is surprising. Grant Fisher has never won an NCAA race from McDonald, who has won the NCAA XC, iNCAA 3000, and the iNCAA 5000. Why in bloody hell do people think that it will be different this time. It is like they did not look very closely at the Regional race where Fisher was all out with arms pumping from a long way out while McDonald worked reasonably hard but was relaxed and looking around in the qualifying heat. And, the NCAA race is in Austin and people might not remember McDonald winning the Aussie Trials 5000 in 13:19 (from some pretty good runners, all of whom have better credentials than Fisher). And, yes, in February (e.g., northern hemisphere August) on the Gold Coast where it was still almost mid-80s and quite humid.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                      Long Break; this is surprising. Grant Fisher has never won an NCAA race from McDonald, who has won the NCAA XC, iNCAA 3000, and the iNCAA 5000. Why in bloody hell do people think that it will be different this time. It is like they did not look very closely at the Regional race where Fisher was all out with arms pumping from a long way out while McDonald worked reasonably hard but was relaxed and looking around in the qualifying heat. And, the NCAA race is in Austin and people might not remember McDonald winning the Aussie Trials 5000 in 13:19 (from some pretty good runners, all of whom have better credentials than Fisher). And, yes, in February (e.g., northern hemisphere August) on the Gold Coast where it was still almost mid-80s and quite humid.
                      Do you know why isn't Alicia Monson there?
                      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

She is injured; I have seen here out a few times but not sure when they were relative when she might have been injured. They might be able to get a medical red-shirt because she only had and early-season 10,000 (33:02) in late March.

Pego "Do you know why isn't Alicia Monson there?"

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                          She is injured; I have seen here out a few times but not sure when they were relative when she might have been injured. They might be able to get a medical red-shirt because she only had and early-season 10,000 (33:02) in late March.

Pego "Do you know why isn't Alicia Monson there?"
                          Thanks.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
                          X