Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAAF gets a new name and logo

https://www.iaaf.org/news/press-rele...-name-and-logo

I don't understand how changing the name and logo will attract youngsters to participate in / watch track and field.

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    https://www.iaaf.org/news/press-rele...-name-and-logo

I don't understand how changing the name and logo will attract youngsters to participate in / watch track and field.
    Rebranding is what sad, useless fuckers do to show their "innovative dynamism" when they have nothing even slightly useful to contribute. For those with a brain, this strongly flags the rapidly approaching death knell of the sport.

Comment

As an organisation, it makes sense for the IAAF to give itself a snappier, more straightforward name. For the sport overall, it makes very little difference.

Comment

Acronyms are snappy. Every major sports organization I can think of offhand is known by its acronym. And acronyms lend themselves to efficient computer searches for pertinent information.

WAF I wouldn't have had a problem with.

Comment

Whatever happened to the erst-proposed IAF?

Comment

Maybe they hope it will be confused with World Cup soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
              Acronyms are snappy. ...
              So true. The head of the new organization can now be called the Supreme Head of International Track. :-)

Comment

Primo would have come up with something much better...Sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Whatever happened to the erst-proposed IAF?
                  tht has been the International Athletics Foundation since 1986.

Comment

Ugly.

Comment

Top search item for WAF was Web Application Firewall when I tried it. The fact that that is not an organisation makes it a possibility?

Comment

just leave it at WA, as bunch of crybabies. :-)

Comment

Problem is WA is not in the logo and there is no suggestion it will be a self-identifier.

Sure, it will be shortened to WA on the message board but that's not going to be helpful in all contexts.

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post
                            Sure, it will be shortened to WA on the message board but that's not going to be helpful in all contexts.
                            I'm sorry, that abbr. is already spoken for, as in the state of Washington!!

I agree with the poster above, but add an H at the end - the World Athletics Hegemony, so it's just . . . WAH! . . .

Comment

This is legit tragic.

Comment

Working...
                              X