Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laura Muller (GER sprinter) interview for those interested!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Muller came second at the GER nationals, running 52.92 behind a big PB for Corinna Schwab, 52.65.

After the race Muller said she will most likely focus on the 200m for the summer season.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Muller improves to 7.41 and 52.79 in her next races, a PB in the latter, so she's returned well.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Last season 200/400m runner Laura Muller had a big breakthrough in terms of PB over 100m, running 11.16 (0.0) and 11.15 (0.2). Unfortunately she got injured, and whilst able to compete at the GER NC's, she couldn't do herself justice, and ended her season there.

She returned to competition just over 10 days ago at a low key meet in Luxembourg, running the 60m and 400m. She ran a 7.48 heat and then an hour later a 7.47 final. Then 30 mins later she ran a 54.09 over 400m, finishing over 3 seconds ahead of second place.

Although her 60m times are nothing to shout about, her 400m is respectable, considering it was only 30 minutes after the 60m final. Hopefully she remains injury free this year.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Enjoyed reading this. She has wonderful form and it's like a work of art to see her run.

Leave a comment:

• Laura Muller (GER sprinter) interview for those interested!

Below is a poorly translated interview with German sprinter Laura Muller, who I have written a couple of posts on over on the Pro results thread.

She was primarily a 400/200 woman, but recently ran 11.16 (0.0 and 11.15 (0.2) PBs in the 100, and looks to be tackling the shorter events over the next couple of seasons.

Q: Laura Müller, first of all congratulations for winning the home game here in Rehlingen and also to the great best time. Would you have expected it to be so fast today?

Laura Müller:
    Thank you very much. Well, I already wished for it in the back of my mind, but that it will be even faster than in Weinheim two weeks ago, I would not have expected that. I had previously taken a week off as a little break. There was training in any case, but I was not in absolute top shape from the feeling. That's why I'm a bit surprised by the time.

It was also a special situation at such a top meeting of your own club. How was it, that you can show such a performance at home at your home track?

Laura Müller:
    It was incredible. Tears came to me, too. Its just great to be able to give something back to the club, because you're traveling a lot with, among other things, the DLV national team. Running at such a fast pace here at home means a lot to me.

Usually you are more familiar with the 400 meters and the 4x400-meter squadron of the DLV. Why is it going so well on the short distance at the moment?

Laura Müller:
    In the winter we worked more and more specifically on the shorter distance. In the indoors, for example, I also set a new best time over 60 meters, and I also went quite well over 300 meters. Then we also forced the strength training a bit and generally worked on the sprint technique. That's why it does not come as a surprise. It's very, very nice, of course, to be so fast right at the beginning of the season.

At the World Relays, you ran the full 400 meters in the relay and were also really fast there. Was not there an option to try a quick individual race over the distance?

Laura Müller:
    That was a consideration, but Japan has taken quite a lot of effort with the long journey. Sadly, I got a bit sick there shortly before the competitions at the World Relays. With the jetlag afterwards due to the big time difference I wanted to give the body a bit more peace. That's why we decided that I would start with the under-distance first. The 100 meters in Rehlingen fitted better because of the holiday. But I'll soon be tackling a few 400-meter races as well. I'm really looking forward to it.

In Japan, there was also a premiere for you with the start in the 4x400-meter mixed relay, which will also be on the program for the first time at the World Championships in Doha. How did you like this discipline?

Laura Müller:
    It was all very new to sit in the callroom with the boys and warm up together. It was really unusual, but it was great fun. That was something completely different for the team spirit. We did that well in the first leg and I would be happy to race again in the mixed.

The mixed relay of the DLV has already qualified for the World Cup. That sounds like you would rather run there this season than in the women's relay ...

Laura Müller:

Not necessarily. I'm always open to suggestion. In the womens event we also have a great relay spirit. It was a lot of fun with the men, but what I'm finally going to do will show. I will give everything, no matter who I run with. I think that's what counts.

And what are your plans for the individual event route?

Laura Müller:
    We do not want to commit ourselves because the season is still quite young. I just did two individual competitions. In the next two weeks, I would like to continue working on the basics in training and make targeted speed runs. Then I will tackle the next competitions over 200 and 400 meters. At the German Championships, I will probably run the event which I want to run at the World Championships. My coach Uli Knapp and I have decided that we will choose the event in which I am the most competitive internationally.

Is it clear when the first serious starts of 200 and 400 meters will come?

Laura Müller:
    The 400 meters I will run at the soundtrack in Tübingen [22. June] and the first 200 meters probably at the gala in Regensburg [7. July].

In which event do you see yourself in the future now that you have so many different options?

Laura Müller:
    In the long run, I would not write off the 400 meters, although at the moment everyone is talking about 100 and 200 meters and says, "you should sprint and sprint"'. For me, the 400 meters is still important. I think that I also have a lot of potential there. However, in the direction of the Olympic Games in Tokyo, it will probably be the shorter distances, because we have set ourselves that as the goal and it bears fruit so far. You can never plan your career exactly. You also have to be spontaneous and act according to body awareness, after training and after how it works. Let's see where the journey goes.

Back to the current season. Did you do anything completely different in preparation or in the season planning because of the extremely late World Champs?

Laura Müller:
    No, not really. I've only had a week off last week, because the season is so long. After Doha you can not have a big holiday, because the Olympic preparation is already relatively short anyway. That's why I deliberately treated myself to this time-out last week. I think it was important to recharge the batteries in the course of the season, because Japan was already exhausting. Otherwise, we have been training continuously since the indoor season.

Do you already have concrete goals for the World Champs as a season highlight, or is it too early for that?

Laura Müller:
    You always have personal goals in mind that you want to achieve. I want to stay healthy until then and definitely qualify myself to Doha at the German Championships in Berlin. I would like to run nice and good races in Berlin and then achieve the best result at the Worlds for myself personally.

Do you have any hopes to enter one of the very big international meetings with your very good 100 meter times?

Laura Müller:
    Of course, starts at larger meetings would be nice. But first I want to tackle my parade events, which are the 200 and 400 meters. But if we get requests for good meetings, then great. Hopefully everything will come as it should.
Working...
X