Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHELLY ANN FRASER PRYCE THAT 4x1 RUN DOWN. WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
      Results show "SB", but he has no track 5000 before today.
      I believe that's what they've been doing all year when the performance is the first of the year for the athlete in that event. In the early DL meets, there were many SBs shown.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
        I believe that's what they've been doing all year when the performance is the first of the year for the athlete in that event. In the early DL meets, there were many SBs shown.
        Alan's saying it's weird to show it as SB rather than PB, when he didn't have either before.

Comment

Day 1 is on Monday -- Olympic Channel -- check your local listings.
          Thanks. Appears to be mismarked as Day 2 in my Directv Program Guide, so my auto record did not think it was something new.
          Last edited by donley2; 07-20-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Both Naser and Seyni withdrew from the 400m. Anybody found out why for either?

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
              The commentator mentioned visa issues for Naser, but didn't say anything about Seyni.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                Alan's saying it's weird to show it as SB rather than PB, when he didn't have either before.
                You're right. I missed that. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                  Amina Seyni is at home in Niamey for the Tournoi de la Solidarité, a tournament between Niger, Togo, Mali, Burkina Faso and Bénin.

Comment

Originally posted by carfu View Post
                    Amina Seyni is at home in Niamey for the Tournoi de la Solidarité, a tournament between Niger, Togo, Mali, Burkina Faso and Bénin.
                    A big deal for her federation, f'sure, but they have a WC medalist lock and perhaps getting her some more high-level comp experience (she is relatively new at the top) would be a better use of her time.

Comment

Could you argue that Warholm's race is closer to, if not under, 47 seconds? He hit hurdle 5 and was sloppy over hurdle 10.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        Could you argue that Warholm's race is closer to, if not under, 47 seconds? He hit hurdle 5 and was sloppy over hurdle 10.
                        He's physically in sub-47 shape, but that doesn't mean he has or will have the skill and timing to smoothly clear all hurdles while moving at that speed.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                          Thanks. Appears to be mismarked as Day 2 in my Directv Program Guide, so my auto record did not think it was something new.
                          Upon further review, I see that tomorrow's meet is on Olympic Channel at 4 PM, Pacific, while today's is on Tuesday at 9 PM, Pacific. Go figure.

What I meant in that post about D Williams is that being the points leader has no value; even if an athlete barely squeaks into the final, he/she can win the diamond (and the money, and the WC).

BTW, I watched the M 5000 on the replay; the feed starts when they've run about 1600 meters. Rhonex Kipruto kept telling Kiptarus, the 2nd pacer, to go faster, finally just passing him. He wanted a faster pace, and he needed it, because he apparently cannot finish like Gebrhiwet, et al.

Gebrhiwet, BTW, is looking better than ever. According to his official birth date, he is still only 25; he won the 2013 U20 world cross title. Interestingly, he has broken 13 eight times, and didn't win any of them -- 5 2nds and 3 3rds. Today was his fastest-ever win at 5000.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Somehow I have managed to miss watching Warholm run up to this point. He's my new fave. From step one he seems to be overstriding, literally stretching to his maximum leg extension, almost as if he's triple-jumping every step. And the arm swing! I love it!

Comment

That anchor leg was a two-fold message to no one except her teammate Elaine Thompson: 1.) you can't have my anchor in the relay and 2.) my top end speed is ready.

Comment

Jakob smashes Henrik's NR, same last 200.
                                Alan Shank
                                The record was Marius Bakken's 13:06.39

Comment

Working...
                                X