Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hengelo hotshots! 6 men under 27:00, 10 women under 31:00!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hengelo hotshots! 6 men under 27:00, 10 women under 31:00!

Also doubled as the Ethiopian trials for the World Champs...

https://twitter.com/Statman_Jon/stat...ws_id%3D581230

[PLEEEEEEZ tell me that Almaz Ayana is not hurt again!]
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 07-18-2019, 08:13 PM.

8th Ethiopian is 27:02 and 10th is 27:23....

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
      Also doubled as the Ethiopian trials for the World Champs...

https://twitter.com/Statman_Jon/stat...ws_id%3D581230

[PLEEEEEEZ tell me that Almaz Ayana is not hurt again!]
      I wish I could tell you that! However, she has a WC for the 10,000. It was three years ago that she made her 10,000 debut, with 30:07, blowing away Gelete Burka and Tirunesh Dibaba. Netsanet Gudeta was also in that race, 4th in 30:36.75, and Teferi was 6th, 30:40.xx. That race served as foreshadowing of her WR in Rio. In 2017, she did not race at all until London, but still won by 40+ seconds. So, I guess we should not be surprised that she didn't run in Hengelo and not take it as evidence that she is injured again.

Her 8:57 at Pre indicates at least a basic level of conditioning.

Wishful thinking?
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

see Ayana story now posted to home page, where she says she's "30%" fit.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          see Ayana story now posted to home page, where she says she's "30%" fit.
          Thanks for that, gh.
          She is my favorite runner, ever since she destroyed "Baby Baby" in the 2015 WC 5000, running 8:19 for the last 3000. I was at the Paris DL that year, where Dibaba blew her away on the last lap. Ayana felt that Genzebe didn't do her share of the leading and said, "Next time I will run differently." After a 6:07 2K, Ayana took over and jacked the pace up, then kept going faster and faster, dropping Dibaba, who eventually got passed by Teferi for 2nd. I have a video of that race, starting just at the point when she goes ahead, with no commercials or field-event interruptions.
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank
          Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Working...
          X