Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I just noticed that they moved the finish line on the map for the Trials vs the finish line we were shown during season seat holder purchases last month. I wonder if this is a mistake or if they're adjusting for the modified stadium we'll have in 2021? If it's the latter, I wound up with some killer seats. Initially, the finish line bisected 121/221. Now it bisects 120/220. Not that finish line is the be all/send all of track ticketing....just a personal preference.
    I think I found the new map display that you saw, but there's actually no finish line drawn on it. What you're referring to, I think, is an extension of the home straight that, if actually built, would facilitate running the 100 & 110H in a reverse (northerly) direction, eliminating the need to run "reverse" races on the backstretch (I'm emitting a sigh for the east stands faithful). Rest assured that the finish line will remain at the point where the curve of the rail begins, which is still in front of Sections 121 & 221.

I also got Trials seating that is one row below my 2021 season ticket location. I thought it was an error by the staff, mistaking "M" for "N," but based on other posts, I guess I was bumped by someone with more pull who wanted extra seats for the Trials.
    Charley Shaffer
    Last edited by Charley Shaffer; 07-31-2019, 05:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Today is the last day to buy season tickets....the top tier is sold out.

Comment

Figure out who you know who is an athlete or coach (even retired athletes) and you’re good for good seats.

Comment

what a joy it's going to be for longtime West side viewers not to have pillars in the way anymore (another reason why East was in many ways the superior side)

Comment

As a spectator, I usually chose to avoid the pillars by sitting in the rows in front of them (although I normally prefer sitting higher up). What I couldn't avoid was the uncomfortable bench seating and the much-too-tight legroom. As I think I've said on other threads, I am very much looking forward to the new Hayward.

Comment

There was lots of legroom in the East Grandstand....the West Grandstand was horrible....

Comment

One problem with the East grandstand was sometimes the sun, depending on the time of day and how high up you were sitting. That's not going to change.

I generally preferred the West grandstand at Hayward, in spite of the legroom. I like sitting on the finish side. Also, it's easier to follow the pole vault from the opposite side of the field than the horizontal jumps, which are almost impossible to see from the East grandstand.

Comment

timetable has been released (see link on home page)

individual-day tix will go on sale starting the 24th

Comment

That's a pretty decent spread of events. Both Sundays are stacked. I guess I'll finally get to see the hammer.

Comment

timetable has been tweaked to accomodate some doublers

see home page

Comment

2020 OT timetable

Several sessions next year start and finish later than in 2016. Makes dinner a little problematic. Maybe they want to increase hot dog sales....
                        (Times rounded)

2016........... 2020
                        4:15-7........ 3-7
                        9:45-3:30... 12-7
                        10-6........... 12-8
                        3:30-6....... 4:30-7
                        3:30-8....... 6-9:30
                        3-6........... 2-5
                        12:30-6..... 1-8
                        1-5:30...... 1-5

Comment

Meanwhile....it's going to get noisy around Hayward...

Comment

Meanwhile ....those looking for something to do on off days might try this on the Willamette River...

Comment

Meanwhile...

The south end is finally closed up....

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                Meanwhile ....those looking for something to do on off days might try this on the Willamette River...

Feels a bit wrong to me for a Brit to hold any kind of record to do with pumpkins but then we are prone to eccentricity!

Comment

Working...
                                X