Men
    5 - TBek?
    10 - how do we know Cheptegei's form?
    110H - how is Shubenkov?
    400H - how is Samba?
    HJ - Barshim?

Women
    100 - SAFP over ET?
    200 - I missed that SMU said she's not doubling?

World Championships Formchart Discussion

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    200 - I missed that SMU said she's not doubling?
    As far as I've seen schedule wise, a 2/4 double was never going to be a possibility.

Comment

While we don't know anything for sure, I see no more reason to doubt Cheptegei's form than anyone else's form. He's been okay on the circuit and tends to be solid at big meets.

The problem for him is that while he's a decent kicker he may be tempted to push the pace if the Ethiopians (as seems likely now) basically select their best 5K guys. But the Kenyans will likely have even less reason to trust their kicks, so that could work to Cheptegei's advantage.

Comment

and wwe're having a WC formchart discussion on the USATF thread because....?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          and wwe're having a WC formchart discussion on the USATF thread because....?
          uh . . . conserving MB electrons?

Comment

World Championships Formchart Discussion

Latest T&F News World Championships Formchart lists Getaneh Tamire (Ethiopia) and Marius Kipserem (Kenya) as medal winners in the men's marathon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Tamire and Kipserem were even chosen to represent Ethiopia and Kenya in Doha. Were these two added to the list recently?

Comment

hmmm.... both are listed on the Road To Doha list....

but an IAAF release of May 10 says
              <<Amos Kipruto, Geoffrey Kirui, Laban Korir, Paul Lonyangata, Ernest Ngeno>>

an Ethiopian story of June 01 says
              <<Mosinet Giremew, Lelisa Disasa, Birhanu Legese and Tamirat Tola>> but that same story also says 6 were named, although it lists only 4.

Comment

Isn't Obiri doubling? She gets a medal in the 10000 for sure.

And an American will medal in the m800.

Coburn second.

SMU, if doubling, will get gold.

Roberts > Holloway

Comment

put me in the Roberts over Holloway corner too

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    hmmm.... both are listed on the Road To Doha list....
                    We don't have any Ethiopians marked as selected, Can't mark all the names mentioned in that news report as selected, so we'll have to wait.

Comment

Wasnt Danielle Williams not selected to be in Doha? (Unless of course she wins the DL)

Comment

I don't see any formcharts for Worlds on the website ... Are you all talking about this instead - https://trackandfieldnews.com/predic...s-medalists-2/ ?

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                          We don't have any Ethiopians marked as selected, Can't mark all the names mentioned in that news report as selected, so we'll have to wait.
                          understood; I'm taking the position that if you haven't specifically declared them not eligible then they remain a viable option

Comment

Bahamas Men 4x400 bronze. They may not even qualify much less win a medal.

Comment

You got the wrong Pole on the podium in the 800 :P I'm not even certain Lewandowski is going to do that event. His no. 1 priority is now definitely the 1500.
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X