Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 DL Birmingham

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2019 DL Birmingham

    I see no evidence that this meet will be on NBC, NBC sports, or the Olympic channel either live or tape delayed, but I may not have searched enough.

  • #2
    I have not seen it either. WatchAthletics webcast is my hope.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Pego View Post
      I have not seen it either. WatchAthletics webcast is my hope.
      Looks to be replayed Monday night on NBCSN.

      Comment


      • #4
        NBC Sports Gold is webcasting the track events of the Birmingham Diamond League at least. The field events should also be webcasted.

        Comment


        • #5
          That's very unusual. Usually Sports Gold has separate field events feed, plus a master feed with the field event highlights shown between track events. I wonder if this is a real change, or perhaps they just haven't posted the full schedule yet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            That's very unusual. Usually Sports Gold has separate field events feed, plus a master feed with the field event highlights shown between track events. I wonder if this is a real change, or perhaps they just haven't posted the full schedule yet.
            My guess is that the full schedule has not yet been posted. There should be field event feeds posted by late Saturday at the latest.

            Comment


            • #7
              I hope so. The full actual live timetable of the meet has indeed been posted on the DL website. I don't know why Sports Gold should be doiing it piecemeal. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

              Comment


              • #8
                sorry, doesn't look like a meet worth getting up at 06:00 to watch the stream (I'm more likely to get up, watch my own stream and go back to bed :-)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                  I hope so. The full actual live timetable of the meet has indeed been posted on the DL website. I don't know why Sports Gold should be doiing it piecemeal. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
                  My guess is that NBC Sports Gold is still deciding which events will be on which feeds.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I see them listing four streams Sunday, all starting at 8:00am CDT, even Track in addition to the three Super Feeds which often start earlier. Sometimes I watch the feed on replay and avoid this board and other places where I might see stuff. I have also watched the Super Feeds and then watch the Replay of the Track.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OK, I now see the four feeds. When I looked at the site an hour ago, only the one track feed was shown. I expect that ralmcg is right--they're still sorting out which events will be on which feed. And I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of those feeds went on before the track feed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                        OK, I now see the four feeds. When I looked at the site an hour ago, only the one track feed was shown. I expect that ralmcg is right--they're still sorting out which events will be on which feed. And I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of those feeds went on before the track feed.
                        The first feed should be the women's discus throw since it will start at 7:45 a.m. Eastern Time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The schedule is up now:
                          4:15 PDT W DT M JT
                          5:05 PDT W PV M HJ
                          6:00 PDT general feed, hopefully with more use of split screen to continue distance runs, but I'm not really expecting it.
                          6:10 PDT W LJ

                          I will be getting up to watch the W DT; all the big names are there, and no one has clinched a spot in the final yet.

                          Note that there are heats in the M 100 and W 100H before the TV window starts at 6 AM PDT. In the best of all possible worlds, there would be a separate feed for these, but perhaps there will be replays, unlikely on NBC Gold, but likely on Olympic Channel. I always watch both, because on the DVR I can replay, slow-mo, etc., while fast-forwarding through the Lewis Johnson moments.

                          I think the broadcast is on Olympic Channel Monday, 1 PM PDT. Check your local listings!
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Coleman is out (link on home page)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gh View Post
                              Coleman is out (link on home page)
                              Rule #1 for Doha prep:
                              "When in doubt, sit it out."
                              Last edited by Atticus; 08-16-2019, 08:26 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X