Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Coleman [cleared by USADA] [Facing new suspension?]

Apologies if this is premature and not allowed, no bad intentions here, just wanted to bring up news. I also don't see this on the front page yet either, but Coleman seems to have missed 3 drug tests in the past 12 months. Could be in a bit of trouble?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ugs-tests.html
    Last edited by ATK; 06-17-2020, 12:32 AM.

Online scuttlebutt is that someone's getting spanked hard real soon.

Comment

So far, this has shown up on the web only on the Daily Mail site and a couple of others that simply cite the Daily Mail article. It's been out there for a few hours and I would imagine the wire services and the major dailies, here and in the UK, would be all over it trying to verify it and go with it. Hasn't happened yet. Stay tuned.

Comment

I think if I was a world class athlete subject to random testing, I would just have a locator chip implanted under my skin, so they could find me anytime, Orwell be damned.

Comment

Unless of course you don’t want to be found. However third time around, I’d also be damn sure they knew where I was.

Comment

The Daily Mail story is now linked in the front page headline section here. The Telegraph, a mainstream UK paper, now has the story, but it just cites the Daily Mail story and has no new info.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
              The Daily Mail story is now linked in the front page headline section here. The Telegraph, a mainstream UK paper, now has the story, but it just cites the Daily Mail story and has no new info.
              AP is running the story citing there own "sources". Of course they could be the same as the Daily Mail sources for all we know.

Comment

Hoping we don’t have to see the Dope Talk forum opened up again...

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                  AP is running the story citing there own "sources". Of course they could be the same as the Daily Mail sources for all we know.
                  They may be the same sources, but it's very significant that the AP has spoken to them and deemed them reliable enough to run the story. Now it's not just the Daily Mail, about which Wiki sez:

>>In February 2017, the English Wikipedia banned the Daily Mail as an "unreliable source" to use as a reference in Wikipedia. Its use as a reference is now "generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist". . . Support for the ban centred on "the Daily Mail's reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication"<<

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    Coleman seems to have missed 3 drug tests in the past 12 months. Could be in a bit of trouble?
                    Whereabout failures can cover a range of administrative errors, not limited to missed drug tests.

https://www.usada.org/what-are-whereabouts-failures/
                    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Originally posted by Master403 View Post
                      Whereabout failures can cover a range of administrative errors, not limited to missed drug tests.

https://www.usada.org/what-are-whereabouts-failures/
                      Actually, according to that web page, those "administrative errors" are all considered Filing Failures. And, as the page points out:

>>Any cumulation of three Missed Tests or Filing Failures in a 12-month period can result in a potential ADRV and a period of ineligibility of up to two years for a first violation.<<

Comment

What to say about a rising star who is already damaging a reputation by missing drug tests? Not too smart.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                          I think if I was a world class athlete subject to random testing, I would just have a locator chip implanted under my skin, so they could find me anytime, Orwell be damned.
                          "A few hours ago, we recorded a podcast on “How to cheat at sports and get away with it”. Semi-jokingly, I made a list of 7 principles of cheating. And number 1 - “Don’t take a test you know you won’t pass”. That’s why missed tests matter. They bypass an antidoping foundation."

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scienceof...36007183806465

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                            I remember an interview (Christian Taylor?) about how friggin' hard it is to keep the Pee Police notified of last-minute changes in your itinerary. The gist of it was that could be TRYING to be good and still pop a 'missed-test' infraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I remember an interview (Christian Taylor?) about how friggin' hard it is to keep the Pee Police notified of last-minute changes in your itinerary. The gist of it was that could be TRYING to be good and still pop a 'missed-test' infraction.
                              "So anti-doping asks athletes, not unreasonably, to inform them of where they’ll be - it’s onerous, but is a disincentive and an inconvenience the athlete has to accept. To make it easier, athletes can literally text a location update at any time (via @karagoucher)"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scienceof...36007183806465

Comment

Working...
                              X