Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WC Winning Marks

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Not a single prediction for the mixed 4x4?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

    Comment


    • #32
      tough to do until teams (primarily the U.S.) are known.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Powell View Post
        Not a single prediction for the mixed 4x4?
        It's a bogus event for the simple reason that in most cases the big dogs will not be entered.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          It's a bogus event for the simple reason that in most cases the big dogs will not be entered.
          It is a bogus event. 400 meter runners already have the open 400 and 4x400. No need to add a third event for them. If you're going to add another relay, I prefer the distance medley or 4x800.

          Comment


          • #35
            I'd like to see the 2-person x 2 x 400 get some more visibility

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Powell View Post
              Not a single prediction for the mixed 4x4?
              Mixed 4x400 Relay: 3:12

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by gh View Post
                I'd like to see the 2-person x 2 x 400 get some more visibility
                Even more medal opportunities for the 400 runners?
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                  Mixed 4x400 Relay: 3:12
                  That's two legs of 45 and two of 51. Seems way to slow. Even if the US runs four SPers, there are teams like the UK, who are clearly able to run faster than that and have no good reason to save their top runners, since they no individual medal contenders. I'll go with 3:09.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by gh View Post
                    I'd like to see the 2-person x 2 x 400 get some more visibility
                    Yes! Loved that one at the World Relays.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by gh View Post
                      I'd like to see the 2-person x 2 x 400 get some more visibility
                      Originally posted by Powell View Post
                      Even more medal opportunities for the 400 runners?
                      no, i see it as an event for 800 runners

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Powell View Post
                        That's two legs of 45 and two of 51. Seems way to slow. Even if the US runs four SPers, there are teams like the UK, who are clearly able to run faster than that and have no good reason to save their top runners, since they no individual medal contenders. I'll go with 3:09.
                        I will split the difference with you and go with a winning time of 3:10.5. This is a tough event to predict because we don't know who is competing.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I can't imagine any serious contender for the 400m title or medal would sacrifice that for the mixed relay. I think the race will be pretty slow.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I'd guess Powell is counting on the Polish team to run 3:10-3:11, and figures the winning time won't be slower than that

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                              I'd guess Powell is counting on the Polish team to run 3:10-3:11, and figures the winning time won't be slower than that
                              Naah, I'm afraid 3:10 is beyond the Polish team, and even 3:11 is a bit of a stretch, unless they peak better than I'm expecting.
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Mixed 4x4, 3:16

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X