Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2019 mWC hammer: Paweł Fajdek (Poland) 264-1 (80.50)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2019 mWC hammer: Paweł Fajdek (Poland) 264-1 (80.50)

T&FN formchart

1. Paweł Fajdek (Poland)
    2. Wojciech Nowicki (Poland)
    3. Bence Halász (Hungary)
    4. Quentin Bigot (France)
    5. Nick Miller (Great Britain)
    6. Mihaíl Anastasákis (Greece)
    7. Denis Lukyanov (Russia)
    8. Javier Cienfuegos (Spain)
    9. Eivind Henriksen (Norway)
    10. Hleb Dudarau (Belarus)
    Last edited by gh; 10-02-2019, 08:27 PM.

Pretty good throwing in group A, 7 throwers over 76 meters. Two years ago there were only three across both groups, and the last qualifier was 74.41.

Comment

This is looking like the best overall standard we've seen for a long time. Seven men above 76 in group A.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

We haven't seen anyone go out in qualifying with a 76-meter throw at WC since 2003 (the only other occasion when it happened was in 2001).

Comment

McCullough really needed to get in the mid-high 76s at least. Not looking good for any U.S. guys in the final unless Winkler comes up really big.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
            We haven't seen anyone go out in qualifying with a 76-meter throw at WC since 2003 (the only other occasion when it happened was in 2001).
            I'd still guess all 76-meter throwers will be in, but we'll see.

Comment

Fajdek 79.24 in round 1 of group B. Didn't look like it was an all-out throw.

Comment

Winkler just hit 76.00 on the nose, ranks 11th overall with McCullough 12th, with 2 more remaining. Good to see Winkler close to his PR, but would be safer to advance if he can get another 30cm.

Comment

Kokhan with 76.56 Q. At 18, he's the youngest HT finalist in WC history! Ukrainian teenagers having a good meet.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                    I'd still guess all 76-meter throwers will be in, but we'll see.
                    Indeed they are. Exactly 12 over 76, and there was a big gap to 13th place, with was 75.07.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
                      Winkler just hit 76.00 on the nose, ranks 11th overall with McCullough 12th, with 2 more remaining. Good to see Winkler close to his PR, but would be safer to advance if he can get another 30cm.
                      He improved to 77.06!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                        He improved to 77.06!
                        Yes, very timely and impressive PR! Wondering if that ranks U.S. top 10 a-t ... the T&FN men's a-t list link currently goes to the collegiate list.

Edit: Checked IAAF lists ... looks like he moves up 1 spot to U.S. #12 all-time.
                        Last edited by steveu; 10-01-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

To answer the thread title, I'm rooting for Mr. Jackowski's men!

Comment

I'm more of a Nowicki supporter myself, but it's hard to tell who is the favorite. Nowicki is the world leader, but Fajdek is ahead by something like 7-3 this year. OTOH, Nowicki is probably relatively the better championship performer of the two and being Fiodorow's training partner, I'm hoping he peaks as well as she did.

Comment

Interesting fact: yesterday was the first time Fajdek ever got an automatic Q in the first round of qualifying in a major championship meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X