Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2019 mWC LJ: Tajay Gayle (Jam) 28-6¼ (8.69) (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see it but two people have told me that Gayle had a near 9m foul before popping the big one
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
      Gayle wins by about a foot !
      Who has added this much - 37cm/1 foot, 2.5 " - to their personal best to win a global title? That's 8cm more than Mike Powell tacked onto his best in Tokyo when he set the WR of 8.95.
      Last edited by ; 09-29-2019, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trackCanuck View Post
        Who has added this much - 37cm/1 foot, 2.5 " - to their personal best to win a global title? That's 8cm more than Mike Powell tacked on to his best in Tokyo when he set the WR of 8.95.
        Beamon?

Comment

Originally posted by NormZylstra View Post
          Beamon?
          Of course, now back to the land of the believable......even still, Gayle is only 14cm less than Beamon's leap forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post
            Imagine that - from the last qualifier to freakin' World Champion. 7.89 to 8.69. Just incredible.
            His position on the all-time list on Saturday was higher than his position in the qualifying round the day before!

Comment

superb observation!

Comment

Toe to heel bests -
                Gayle 8.69 + 0.01 = 8.70 [and 8.48 on his 8.46 jump]
                Echevarria 8.30 + 0.27 = 8.57 [8.48 toe to heel on his 8.25 and 8.34 jumps]
                Henderson 8.39 + 0.02 = 8.41

Comment

Might have been a profitable bet that the Jamaicans would be more likely to medal in the TJ vs the 100m.

Comment

Coach Francis says Gayle will aim to get a spot on the Jamaican Olympic team in the individual 100m for 2020. His PB is 10.42.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/artic...ICLE/191009871

Comment

I'm actually surprised that there isn't multiple great long jumpers coming out of Jamaica.

Comment

I remember remarking to myself during the competition that Gayle "looked" fast.

Comment

On the IAAF feed they do show the jumpers' takeoff speed; is that data archived anywhere for the public?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                            On the IAAF feed they do show the jumpers' takeoff speed; is that data archived anywhere for the public?
                            I believe for past editions they would publish it (or at least some of it) at some point after WC as 'biomechanics project' or something of the sort.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                              I believe for past editions they would publish it (or at least some of it) at some point after WC as 'biomechanics project' or something of the sort.
                              It would be nice to have it readily available but biomechanics data is available here (account required):

https://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/docu...iomechanics-st

Comment

Working...
                              X