Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    IAAF report says it is Turkey's highest WC walking placing as was Tom Bosworth's 6th for the UK.
    The results are now showing Bosworth in 7th.

Apparently there was a problem with Christopher Linke's transponder so for most of the 2nd half of the race the graphics & live results weren't showing that Linke was actually 4th (where he ended up finishing). He was right up there with that Korkmaz/Stano/Ikeda group well into the race but then just disappeared off the results system and the cameras paid no attention to him because of that.
    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 10-04-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
      Hello to Powell who will probably be the only other one watching this event lol

ETA - Dunfee DNS which probably isn't too much of a shock
      I want my beginners badge; I watched all of the 20kms and much of the dual 50s.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
        For the UK it may the best ever at WC, but they have won major medals in the past, e.g. Olympic golds at 20k in 1964 and 50k in 1960.
        Plus 50K in 1932 and 1936 I think.

To be fair, I am sometimes amazed we get any results at all because in many parts of the UK there are no race walkers at all other than masters. Walking is included in masters' leagues and quite a few middle and long distance runners take it up then.
        Last edited by Trickstat; 10-08-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Why is Karlstrom named as the winner in the title?

Comment

Working...
          X