Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow what a race!! i think the fans were more pumped up than the 100 finals.

also was definitely not expecting a 12:58!!

good thing it's gone from the diamond league, clearly no one actually cares about it.

Ingebritsen was making waaaaay too much contact with basically everyone, especially Ahmed...he needs to control himself.

Edit: i watched on demand just now

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
      Tell that to Lance Larson
      Tell that to Rick DeMont
      Tell that to Bob Seagren
      Tell that to the 1972 USA basketball team
      Tell that to Roy Jones
      So nothing in the last 30 years then?

Comment

In the late 1970s and early '80s, good NCAA collegians joked about learning Swahili to understand/jibe at/keep up with the Kenyan contingent at WSU etc. Now distance guys will have to start learning Norwegian.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
          Tell that to Lance Larson
          Tell that to Rick DeMont
          Tell that to Bob Seagren
          Tell that to the 1972 USA basketball team
          Tell that to Roy Jones
          I'm not interested in your argument with Trickstat, but you did prompt me to look for an analysis of the '72 basketball final. Amazingly, there is very little actual analysis available and much USA "we wuz robbed" with no useful detail.

For anybody like me, not across the detail, here are two reasonably detailed accounts I found in the first six pages of search results:

One from Duke basketball report, and
          One from Australian sports site, The Roar

They are reasonably congruent, except the Australian article has a more detailed explanation of the circumstances and rules about the Russian time out request.

I would be pretty confident in saying that nobody on this board ever played under, or officiated under, FIBA 1972 international rules, so the explanations may be interesting.

The only other thing I remember from the 1972 bball is Aussie Eddie Palubinskas, like most of the USSR team, of Lithuanian origin.

Comment

there's anoher time and another place for a '72 basketball discussion

Comment

While he finished in back of the pack, the fact that my fellow Cuse alum, Justyn Knight, made his second straight WC final, makes me more mad, that my alma mater couldn't pay his coach, Chris Fox! I know, another discussion for another thread!

Comment

Fox just made it twice and Morgan McDonald just missed it twice.

Comment

Working...
                X