3. Steven Gardiner (Bahamas)
    4. Akeem Bloomfield (Jamaica)
    5. Kirani James (Grenada)
    6. Abbas Abubaker (Bahrain)
    7. Anthony Zambrano (Colom)
    8. Demish Gaye (Jamaica)
    9. Machel Cedenio (Trinidad)
    10. Matt. Hudson-Smith (GB)
    Last edited by gh; 10-04-2019, 07:27 PM.

Here's wishing Kerley a super Final, so Norman has to go all-in.
    Will Karani flame-out due to lack of proper prep-work?

Comment

I wonder whether Warholm can be a factor here. Not saying he'll medal, but he could do pretty well; perhaps challenge the European record. He failed a couple of times on the flat when doubling in European-level meets, but this schedule is more double-friendly than what he faced on those occasions.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Warholm could drop a super-fast time in the heats or semis and then bomb completely

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
          I wonder whether Warholm can be a factor here.
          The list must not have factored in Warholm. No way Warholm doesnt make the 400 final after the terrible stumble in the 400h!!!

Comment

I just don't see a USA 1-2 happening here. I also won't be surprised by 4-5 guys under 44.00

Comment

Would love to see Kerley over Norman. I just like his underdog role.

But, I suspect Norman will beat him.

Comment

I have to go with Norman. Largely because I've yet to see Kerley have a good race outside of the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                  I have to go with Norman. Largely because I've yet to see Kerley have a good race outside of the US.
                  Too bad the World #1 did not have any good non-US races...

Comment

Ever since Norman ran his 43.45 in April, I was very curious to see how he could carry that level of fitness for another 5 months until the WC. Well, here it is and I think this will be a performance review of not just him but his coaches. Did they have him peaking too early in the season or was he just that good in April. I'm picking him over Kerley but not by much. And I'm looking forward to seeing Kirani James run. I doubt he will be much of a factor in this meet but using it as a training ground for next years OG.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
                      Well, here it is and I think this will be a performance review of not just him but his coaches.
                      I remember reading he was injured or ill for some of the season. That tends to put the brakes on holding fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                        you mean like 44.33 to win Rome DL in '18?

Comment

Especially difficult for Warholm in the desert heat of Doha.

Comment

I think Norman & Kerley go gold & silver!! Hopefully a PB for one or both!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                              you mean like 44.33 to win Rome DL in '18?
                              I'll give him that but I'm still not totally confident in his ability to produce in a major champs outside of his own backyard. Then again, many Europeans would have said the same about Carl Lewis before Helsinki in '83.

Comment

Working...
                              X