3. Andre De Grasse (Canada)
    4. Ramil Guliyev (Turkey)
    5. Alex Quiñónes (Ecuador)
    6. Zhenye Xie (China)
    7. Adam Gemili (Great Britain)
    8. Aaron Brown (Canada)
    9. Kenny Bednarek (USA)
    10. Divine Oduduru (Nigeria)
    Last edited by gh; 10-01-2019, 07:57 PM.

My big ? here is CC. I can't believe his 'problem' won't affect him here.
    I could be so wrong, but I think he's out of the medals.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      2. Christian Coleman (USA)
      3. Andre De Grasse (Canada)
      when was the last time 2 guys this short (5-9) medaled at 200m.
      I can recall the legendary Walter Dix and I can recall Yohan Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I dont think his time off will affect him. I think he cleanly gets the 100m, but I cant see him beating DeGrasse and Guliyev here who are overall just better 200m runners. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
          when was the last time 2 guys this short (5-9) medaled at 200m.
          I can recall the legendary Walter Dix and I can recall Yohan Blake.
          say what?

De Grasse is 5-10¾

Blake is 5-11¼

Comment

Guliyev will be tough to get by for the silver medal.

Comment

Lyles is talking WR. That's a pretty big step from 19.50. I give him 50/50 odds of just PR'ing. But I do wish him well. I do love to watch him run. His form looks textbook.

Comment

Good conditions for sprinting, only three races, and the first one almost isn't a race for him, while the Semi should be a warmup. He did do a pretty good DL double.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  Good conditions for sprinting, only three races, and the first one almost isn't a race for him, while the Semi should be a warmup. He did do a pretty good DL double.
                  I concur ... I'm thinking 19.2 or 19.3

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    I dont think his time off will affect him. I think he cleanly gets the 100m, but I cant see him beating DeGrasse and Guliyev here who are overall just better 200m runners. IMO
                    Agreed. De Grasse and Guliyev are more complete 200m runners. Coleman is more of a 100m star, who blasts the first 100 and hangs on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
                      Lyles is talking WR. That's a pretty big step from 19.50. I give him 50/50 odds of just PR'ing. But I do wish him well. I do love to watch him run. His form looks textbook.
                      I know him and his family and it would be amazing to see him set a WR in Doha (or next year and/or beyond). But for some reason, I just can't wrap my head around the idea that Bolt's records can be broken. I can see Noah in the 19.30s or maybe 19.25 ... but 19.19?

But then I never thought he'd be a 19.5 guy this soon either. Can't put anything past him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
                        I just can't wrap my head around the idea that Bolt's records can be broken. I can see Noah in the 19.30s or maybe 19.25 ... but 19.19?
                        If Bolt hadn't run that, it would be near-impossible. But if one dude can do it, so can SOMEbody else!

Comment

Still VERY curious to see what kind of condition Bednarek shows up in. If he’s in the form he was in before the injury, he could be an outside sleeper for the podium.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Beg to differ. I agree with the T&FN Formchart and have Coleman for silver, or at least bronze behind Noah & DeGrasse.

Comment

I' ve got Noah winning in about 19.55, just below his PB of 19.50. By next year he could get down into the 19.3 level.

Comment

Working...
                              X