Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2019 mWC 100: Christian Coleman (US) 9.76 (WL, AL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ¶2019 mWC 100: Christian Coleman (US) 9.76 (WL, AL)

    T&FN formchart

    1. Christian Coleman (USA)
    2. Andre De Grasse (Canada)
    3. Akani Simbine (South Africa)
    4. Justin Gatlin (USA)
    5. Yohan Blake (Jamaica)
    6. Zhenye Xie (China)
    7. Mike Rodgers (USA)
    8. Arthur Cissé (Côte d’Ivoire)
    9. Aaron Brown (Canada)
    10. Adam Gemili (Great Britain)
    Last edited by gh; 09-28-2019, 07:49 PM.

  • #2
    I’m guessing he isn’t that rusty and will run 9.78 leading every one else in the dust.

    Comment


    • #3
      How does de Grasse land as high as 2nd on this list? I don’t see what he’s done this year, or the last few, to justify that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ztrappity View Post
        How does de Grasse land as high as 2nd on this list? I don’t see what he’s done this year, or the last few, to justify that.
        Him simply being healthy now might be enough to beat everyone except Coleman and Gatlin (who's health is in question)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dave View Post
          I’m guessing he isn’t that rusty and will run 9.78 leading every one else in the dust.
          Dust? Do they have dust in Doha? Probably so. It's a desert.

          Comment


          • #6
            Questions about the preliminary round: Why not just fold these athletes into the heats, and what specific criteria pushes athletes into this round of 'almost no chancers'?

            Comment


            • #7
              Unconfirmed reports from the Nigerian camp that Divine Oduduru has pulled out of the 100m and will focus solely on the 200m and 4x100.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                Questions about the preliminary round: Why not just fold these athletes into the heats, and what specific criteria pushes athletes into this round of 'almost no chancers'?
                Suspect it would make for a bad formula for advancement with that many runners having to be chopped down to the 24 for the semis.

                Comment


                • #9
                  De Grasse is gunning for silver in the 200, based on his fitness, so I'd support the contention that he'll do the same in the 100.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm not seeing Gatlin and Rodgers in the startlists for the heats

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      the heats are for people who don't have Q standard marks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gh View Post
                        the heats are for people who don't have Q standard marks
                        I'm talking about the upcoming rounds. Startlists are posted

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          egads! you are correct, sir!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ok, I see Belcher coming out and he wasn't listed either. Must be an IAAF website snafu.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Saw the same thing. It's odd. But if you download the heat list, all Americans are listed. Belcher up first in round 1.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X