Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2019 mWC 100: Christian Coleman (US) 9.76 (WL, AL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Yohan Blake just said on NBC that his lane draw in the final messed him up. Said he should've been in the middle.
    I bet someone stuck a mic in Blake's face just after the race and he said something goofy. He's had a great career, some here probably should cut the guy some slack.

Comment

• To be fair to Blake, injuries have really just taken him out. Even last year at the Continental Cup, he pulled up injured. So not exactly Asafa Powell esque who would finish well below in a championship then run 9.7 a week later.

Comment

Yohan Blake just said on NBC that his lane draw in the final messed him up. Said he should've been in the middle.
        He did not have one of the top four qualifiers (three winners plus fastest second). I think that puts him in the group of 5/6 (slower second placers), and ahead of the two time qualifiers.

Of course the key reason he has not done too well is because of injuries, although that comes from his type of body/sprinting (his nickname was The Beast).

Comment

Yeah, I winced when he said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paced View Post
            I do feel for Blake but yeah that's nonsense. If he cared that much about lane draw he should have won his semi, rather than ease back at the line the way he did.
            He thought he did win his semi, because he was staring down Gatlin in the lane next to him. Didn't see DeGrasse closing several lanes over.

Had a sour look on his face then when he realized he'd been pipped and that carried over to his mood after the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by player View Post
              He thought he did win his semi, because he was staring down Gatlin in the lane next to him. Didn't see DeGrasse closing several lanes over.

Had a sour look on his face then when he realized he'd been pipped and that carried over to his mood after the final.
              True, but if land draw is important to you, then do your best to control it. I like Blake, but we sometimes have a say in our luck.

Comment

Working...
              X