Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2019 wWC SP: Lijiao Gong (China) 64-1¾ (19.55)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
    If you search "costas goulas twitter" you should find his page and the throw.

    thanks, but he's quite a prolific twitterer, and i can't find it...

    was it clearly a foul?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
      unfortunately the likes of Carter, Gong, Schwanitz and Adams are in the latter part of their career and the fact they don't spin doesn't help the measures.
      Yeah, it looks like in the future wSP is going to be dominated by spinners the way it already is on the men's side. OTOH, none of the current spinners have yet matched the best distances reached by Adams, Gong, Schwanitz et al.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by uakari View Post
        thanks, but he's quite a prolific twitterer, and i can't find it...

        was it clearly a foul?
        Prolific? I'd say. When does he eat or sleep?
        I scrolled down far enough to find a retweet. The original is at
        https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaunDPickering
        I would say this bit of video is inconclusive, since it cuts away too early to the shot in the air.
        Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

        Comment


        • #34
          A better link is
          https://twitter.com/ShaunDPickering/...174558215?s=20
          Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Powell View Post
            Yeah, it looks like in the future wSP is going to be dominated by spinners the way it already is on the men's side. OTOH, none of the current spinners have yet matched the best distances reached by Adams, Gong, Schwanitz et al.
            I vaguely recall somebody saying a few years ago that they thought there would always be fewer spinners on the women's side because it was easier to get the lighter women's shot moving with the shift than the men's one. This was at a time when there were very few women spinners.

            More recently I have heard it said that when spinning with the smaller shot there can sometimes be a problem where it almost 'slips' out of the hand as the thrower has missed the centre of gravity on release.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
              I vaguely recall somebody saying a few years ago that they thought there would always be fewer spinners on the women's side because it was easier to get the lighter women's shot moving with the shift than the men's one. This was at a time when there were very few women spinners.

              More recently I have heard it said that when spinning with the smaller shot there can sometimes be a problem where it almost 'slips' out of the hand as the thrower has missed the centre of gravity on release.
              interesting, i've always wondered why it seemed like nearly all women use the glide and nearly all men are spinners.

              Comment

              Working...
              X